𝑾𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒔

Start from the beginning

,,My father had a lot of healing books passed down to him after my grandmother's death. And I had a lot of free time on my hands."

,,What about your brother ? Why isn't he so invested in healing."

,,He's more into dueling I guess. He'd fight with our friend Enzo in the garden while I was writing down healing potions and spells that could be useful. They would get hurt a lot and going to our parents for every injury would just cause them too much trouble, so I took it into my own hands to help them out."

,,That's very noble of you. Leave the potion, you clearly know what you're doing there's no need to teach you."

I pursed my lips into a thin line before putting a lid over the pot and slowly making my way towards him.

I stare up at him with a triumph smile that widened when he smirked proudly.

,,I see well then let's test your knowledge."

Now this was more of a challenge. I wouldn't brag that I'm quite good at memorizing spells, but they were never a hard task in hand.

,,What's the spell for regrewing bones?"

,,Skele-Gro" the name rolled out of my mouth like a marble.

,,What heals painful cuts?" He raised a brow.

,,Murthlap Essence."

,,A potion that puts the drinker into extreme pain."

,,Drink of Despair also called the Emerald Drink which doesn't really have a counter spell for it but using a Restoration Potion that reverses the effects of a spell combined with a Moonseed Poison-" his mouth opens to disagree but I continue

,,I know the Moonsees Poison isn't going to help due it being Poison but if you add the same ingredients from the Invigoration Draught, you can minimize the effect or maybe even stop the pain completely for a long time before the curse lifts." I finish taking a deep breath afterwards.

He stares at me blankly, not even batting an eye. His expression making me doubt my words and reciting them in my head to make sure I haven't mixed up the potions.

His hand lifts, conjuring a blank parchment and a quill.

,,I've never thought about that before-", he murmurs , writing something down ,,But you might be onto something Miss Nott."

A reliefed smile tucks at the corner of my lips. I've been pretty sure that knowing this is basic knowledge for healers.

,,You're free to go, there's nothing I need to teach you but if there are any potions you would need help brewing or any question really leave a note to me after classes." He spoke in a professional tone.

,,Professor, I might have the knowledge but when it comes to using spells myself it just , it's harder than it seems. I've always accomplished a simple healing spell but when it comes to more difficult ones like sewing a bigger cut or injuries that could only worsen the wound if done incorrectly..", I trailed off remembering the failed attempt at healing a fox that was bitten in the woods when I went for a walk after getting in a fight with Theo ,,I don't quite get the hang of it."

,,Well in that case I'll be needing the Headmaster's permission to help you."

I nod at him , the silence signaling me that there are no words that need to be exchanged anymore.

--

Time passed by oddly fast. I haven't seen Mattheo in over a week. He wasn't on the Astronomy Tower the past 3 days , neither has he hexed anyone that I might hear of.