From The Window To The Wall 9

From the Window To The Wall 9

"Do you really sleep nude?" Meredith asks her girlfriend as they put away the movie.

"I do," Addison chuckles. "I can wear something to bed if it makes you uncomfortable," she smiles.

"Oh no, I just might join you," says Meredith.

"We're still not having sex tonight," Addison clarifies.

"Of course not. Just naked, romantic but not-sexual snuggles," says Meredith.

"That is oddly specific," says Addison.

"You're welcome," says Meredith.

"Are you still feeling sore? Because I could carry you to bed," offers Addison.

"I'm feeling great, but if you put it like that it sounds very romantic," says Meredith.

"Alright," says Addison, as she scoops Meredith up under her knees.

Meredith clings to her, and wraps her arms around Addison's neck. "Alright it's up the stairs," says Meredith.

"Stairs!" Addison pretends to gasp.

"Yep," Meredith giggles.

Addison carries Meredith up the stairs, and Meredith directs her to her bedroom.

"Woosh!" Addison says as she deposits Meredith onto the bed.

"Thank you," says Meredith, as she playfully drags Addison down with her.

The two land in a heap on the bed, and Meredith draws Addison closer, and wraps her legs around the redhead.

"You're finally in my bed again," Meredith giggles.

"I am," says Addison.

"And this is so much cozier than the hospital one," says Meredith.

"It is," Addison smiles.

Meredith tugs on Addison's shoulder, and Addison leans down next to her. Meredith presses kisses to Addison's jaw, and encourages her to kiss her lips.

"Mm," Addison smiles as Meredith kisses her. Addison half-lies on, half straddles the blonde as they kiss lazily and sweetly.

Meredith tangles her hands in Addison's hair. Her very very red hair.

"I love your hair," says Meredith. "It's so pretty," she says.

"Thanks, Meredith," says Addison. "I love yours."

Addison continues lying on top of Meredith until Meredith pulls her under the covers.

"What are we just going to sleep in our clothes?" Addison giggles.

"No, just stay a little while," says Meredith. "We'll get ready for bed later..."

These end up being Meredith's famous last words, because she wakes up the following day still in her clothes, in an empty bed and searching for Addison.

"Where is she? Where is my snuggle buddy..." Meredith grumbles to herself.

She figures it out when she hears roaring laughter from her kitchen, initiated by Addison, along with her roommates Izzie and George.

"And they seriously had prank wars?" George laughs.

"All through College," says Addison. "You should have seen what Mark and Derek have come up with..." Addison laughs.

"Morning..." Meredith says while she rubs her eyes and blinks to see if she is still dreaming.

"Morning," says Addison in a chipper voice. "Eggs benedict?" Addison offers, as she hands out a plat.

"Whoa, you made all this," says Meredith as she sees the restaurant-worthy brunch with a side of fruit.

"Yeah, she made it for everyone. You gotta keep her around-" George says.

"Izzie helped," Addison says modestly.

"Yeah, I made the english muffins," says Izzie.

"You're the best," says Meredith, as she moves to kiss her girlfriend.

"Yeah it beats muesli every day," George laughs.

"Sounds like Derek," Addison giggles.

"Yeah, you can bring it back to him no one eats it here," says Izzie, handing Addison the box.

"Sure, will do," Addison laughs.

"Coffee, Meredith?" Addison offers.

"What a lifesaver," says Meredith as she takes the mug in her hand.

And this, Meredith decides, is what perfection looks like.

*

*

*

*

*

***** END OF CHAPTER 9