017

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter seventeen:wait for you !

chapter seventeen:
wait for you !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA SAT AT her keyboard, humming a melody and trying to play it on the piano. A piece of paper with a line of lyrics — brown guilty eyes and little white lies — written on it laid beside her. She wished Violetta could come over to watch a movie or something, but Violetta had texted her saying she couldn't because EJ was over and seemed pretty distraught. Athena understood.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Athena sighed and glanced over to her bedroom door. She hoped Artemis or her parents would answer it instead of her having to go all the way down the steps.

"Athena, it's Ricky!" Artemis called from down the stairs.

She let out a deep breath. Athena hoped Ricky wasn't going to yell at her again. Maybe this time they would actually work something out. She really didn't want to face him again, but nevertheless, Athena put on her shoes and padded down the steps. Sure enough, Ricky was waiting on her front porch for her. She slowly approached the door, shoving one of her hands into the pocket of the sweatshirt she was wearing.

"Come with me," Ricky voiced as soon as she opened the door.

Athena's eyebrows knit in confusion. "What?"

"Come with me," Ricky repeated. "Athena, please."

She glanced back at her parents and Artemis, who were watching her expectantly. Athena thought it over for a second before turning back to Ricky.

"Okay," she agreed softly. "But if it ends in another argument—"

"It won't," Ricky reassured her. He extended his hand out to her. "Come on."

She placed her hand into his. It felt so natural, so right, but Athena ignored that feeling as she exited the house and shut the door behind her. Instead of leading her to his car like Athena thought he would, Ricky led her through his gate into her backyard. He stopped them below two large trees, where a staircase with two lanterns at the bottom was leading up to a wooden structure that rested in the trees.

"My treehouse," Athena stated.

"After every fight we've had, we always end up on your porch," Ricky explained. "Thought we needed a change of scene. Especially at a place that means a lot to us."