001

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter one:to the moon and to saturn !

chapter one:
to the moon and to saturn !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

NOW, LET'S GET one thing straight — hiding in a locker was not exactly Athena Blake's idea of a good time, yet here she was, standing in a locker of a hallway at East High. The entire drama program was putting on a performance of Something in the Air (yet another song Athena had written with Ashlyn Caswell and Nini Salazar-Roberts) for their new Instagram page. Athena and her boyfriend, Ricky Bowen, had a small duet in the song, and Carlos Rodriguez, their choreographer, thought it would be cute if the two of them came out of lockers for it. So that's where they were, waiting for their cue from none other than Gina Porter and Violetta Chase, Athena's best friend.

The holidays were approaching, and East High was decorated beautifully for it with ribbons in the hallways and Christmas trees in the cafeteria. Just to add to the spirit, the whole drama department had decided to dress in holiday or winter themed clothes to go along with the holiday themed song. Athena decided to wear a white knitted sweater with red chevron designs underneath Ricky's fuzzy jean jacket (which she stole for this very occasion) that was a little big on her, a pair of black leggings, her red Converse, and a red knitted hat. It was definitely not as cool as Seb's Ho Ho Ho onesie, but it would get the point across.

Finally, Athena heard Gina and Violetta's footsteps walk by the locker. She took a deep breath and opened the locker with Ricky, whose was next to hers. The girl smiled at the phone that Miss Jenn was holding in front of her before starting to sing.

"Holding your hand when it gets cold," Athena and Ricky harmonized, stepping out of their lockers. The two of them grinned at the mere sight of each other, and Ricky reached out, taking Athena's hands in his as they walked to the hallway that led down to the auditorium. "Promise me you'll never let go." Ricky twirled Athena around gently a couple of times before the two of them stopped at the beginning of the hallway, making her smile widen even further and more butterflies flutter in her stomach. "It's winter break, but we'll never break apart."

"The season of celebrating, the memories we'll be making," they continued, the rest of the drama department joining in with them as they appeared behind the couple who let go of each other's hands. "Making a change, make a new start."

"I'm gonna make my mark," Violetta and Gina said together, making their way to the very front of the group while high-fiving each other.

"There's something in the air," everyone chorused, beginning to dance down the hallway in the choreography Carlos had taught them. Ashlyn added ad-libs on the top, tying the whole chorus together. "About to go off right now. Lighten up all around, I feel it coming, something in the air. A time to look forward to, get ready for something new. I feel it coming, something in the air."