014

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter fourteen:but at least for now, I gotta gomy own way !

chapter fourteen:
but at least for now, I gotta go
my own way !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA, ALONG WITH everyone else, gathered in the auditorium of North High. She stood with her friends — minus Ricky, who was standing a little ways up the aisle — as they stretched and warmed up their voices. Athena shook out her hands in front of her and tried to keep herself calm.

However, once she looked up the aisle, that whole thing of trying to calm her nerves was thrown out the window. She saw Lily trying to talk to Ricky as he walked down the aisle. Athena's eyebrows knit in concern and she slowly walked to the end of the aisle to try and hear what they were saying (okay, she knows it's rude to eavesdrop, but it's Lily — in the wise words of Taylor McKessie, that girl's got more moves than an octopus in a wrestling match.) Violetta trailed after her, the two of them doing some arm stretches to make it seem like they weren't listening.

". . . I think it's really cool how you're handling your girlfriend speaking to me like that," Lily was saying.

"What are you talking about?" Ricky asked. "You kind of deserved it. I mean, you literally stole the necklace I gave to her. You know, Athena's right. You are jealous of her."

"Jealous?" Lily repeated, an eyebrow raised. "No. But I heard of that little fight you two had the other day."

"How did you know about that?"

"Oh, I have an inside source. Don't worry about it, it doesn't matter. But didn't she tell you that she wouldn't be waiting around for you to come back? Sounds like a girl who doesn't care about you at all."

Ricky was silent. Athena froze, her mind spinning and her heart dropping as she frowned.

"Your girlfriend seems like she wants some space from you," Lily continued. "Anyway, let me know if you're looking for one who doesn't."

Lily casually walked away. Athena kept her gaze on the floor, not even bothering to pick her head up and look at her. She didn't want to. She didn't even want to look at Ricky after that, because all of the sudden, two horrible memories of things Ricky had done to her entered her head after seeing him and Lily together.

Number one, the night at the El Rey when they were forced to look for other places to put on High School Musical after a fire burned down the auditorium. To be honest, Athena had thought about that night more than she should have — not him confessing his love to her, but what actually happened at the theater.