Prologue

-Theo-

-Theo-

"Theodore Williams?"

"Here!" I raised my hand high up in the air when I heard my name being shouted.

"Sabrina Windsor?" continued my homeroom teacher, Mrs. Quentin, who was a chubby and short, almost fifty-year-old woman with long, curly hair and a pair of glasses.

I put my hand down and waited patiently with the other students while Mrs. Quentin shouted the last name on her list.

It was the last day of our adventure-filled, week-long field trip. We had spent the entire week rock-climbing, canoeing, hiking and studying. We all were exhausted, but happy; I could see wide smiles wherever I looked.

The afternoon was nice and warm, even though the winter was coming. We were far from home, and I wished we didn't need to leave the resort where we were staying at. It was colder where I lived, but that wasn't the only reason why I didn't want to return home.

I sighed when I thought about the next day, but I refused to give in to my sadness. There was a chance that my life would change for the better within the next few hours. That thought cheered me up.

"All right, everyone, listen up!" Mrs. Quentin spoke with a loud voice, waking me up from my thoughts. "After dinner you have the rest of the day off. You know the rules, and do not leave the camping site!" she seemed to be talking directly to the notorious troublemaker of our class, a guy named Deon Steele. "That's all!"

I cheered with the rest of the students. Everyone seemed happy that we had the entire day to do whatever we wanted, but to me it was also important. That day was going to be really special to me.

I turned to look at my best friend, Beau Silver. Oh God, even his name was beautiful. I had never met a boy as beautiful as him. He had gorgeous golden-brown eyes, and chopped, tawny hair. His face was pure perfection; he had high cheekbones and a straight nose, and his silky skin was smooth and flawless. He was tall and toned, and his voice was honey to my ears. He was an amazing person. I'd been watching him for months, and he truly was perfect.

I had a severe crush on him. I had been in love with him as long as I could remember and my longing for him was only growing stronger. I had known for a while that I was gay, but I had never told anyone about it. Homophobia was too strong in my home city, so I had decided to keep it to myself.

However, I couldn't live in a lie anymore. I had decided weeks ago that I would tell Beau how I felt about him by the end of the field trip. I had tried coming out to him countless of times before, but always chickened out. I knew if I wouldn't confess my feelings to Beau by the end of the day, I would never have the guts to tell him.

"Come," Beau said and touched my arm lightly. "I want to go to the lake after dinner."

"Me too!" I almost squealed.