"Thanks..." Levi mumbled, acting as if he didn't enjoy the attention. "Wait, didn't you already say--" 

"Look at you, growing up so fast!" Hanji laughed, squeezing Levi even tighter before releasing him. "Come on!" 

"What? I'm 33..." Levi hummed as he was dragged deeper into the room. 

Levi was then guided to a fairly decorated area. A thick white tablecloth was spread upon wood, concealing the crevices and blemishes of the table. Atop the lace cloth rested four plates, all with their corresponding sets of silverware. In the center of the table laid the cake. 

The pastry was relatively large for only four people, it looking to be too much for ten. It was completely coated in yellow frosting, engravings scattered throughout the surface. The ornaments were small patterned circles, flowers, and leaves, all handmade. 

"Are you sure you made this by yourself?" Levi blinked, in awe at the delicacy. 

"Yes!" Hanji smirked momentarily. "H-hey! Are you saying that I'm a bad cook?" 

"No." Levi responded shortly, taking a seat. "Where's Erwin?" 

"In the kitchen." Mike informed, pointing in that direction implicitly. "Why?" 

"No reason." Levi shrugged, lifting himself from the chair in which he sat. "I'm going to go make myself tea." 

"Hey! Can we at least eat the cake first?" Hanji pouted, balling her hands into fists in protest. 

"No." Levi responded, strolling past the kitchen's entry. 

As expected, Erwin was indeed where Mike had told Levi. The commander was tapping his toe anxiously whilst leaning back on the wall. It was oddly clear that something troubled Erwin, however Levi hadn't the slightest clue what. Undetected, the captain decided to investigate further.

Now inches away from Erwin, Levi frowned. Perhaps the commander was daydreaming, as he hadn't noticed Levi loudly call his name. Concerned; the captain poked Erwin's side lightly. 

"What?" Erwin gasped, immediately before stumbling back. Upon analyzing his surroundings, he sighed. "Levi..." 

"Are you okay?" Levi responded, glaring upwards to make eye contact with Erwin. "You're acting like someone told you you're gonna die tomorrow." 

"I'm fine." Erwin assured, smiling. He then began to walk. "I appreciate your concer--" 

"Cut the bullshit." Levi spat, pushing Erwin back onto the wall with a single hand. Erwin winced at the pain in his torso; the place in which Levi's palm resided. "What happened?" 

"It is nothing, Levi. Really." Erwin dismissed, holding Levi's forearm and pushing it aside. "I am simply tired." 

"You slept at the same time as me, and I'm fine." Levi blinked. 

"You and I require different hours of sleep to feel refreshed." Erwin informed, strolling past Levi. "As I said before, I appreciate the concern, but I am quite alright." 

"You get a kick out of lying?" Levi mumbled under his breath. "I'm not stu--" 

"Levi! Erwin!!" Hanji sang from the main section of the mess hall. "Hurry up over there!" 

Clearly, something, or someone was troubling Erwin. Even after pressing on, the commander still refused to speak the truth. Not wanting to cause a scene, Levi's resolute was to chat with Erwin at a later time, in a more private setting. 

"Shall we?" Erwin ushered softly, tilting his head backwards somewhat.

"Sure." Levi agreed, arriving at the table and seating himself alongside Erwin.