Chapter Thirteen- Second Chances

Two weeks had gone by, and I was getting more and more irritated with the fact that I had to mate with Leo in the next two weeks. Practice with Sloane was going well, and I now knew how to control my projection power. It was quite embarrassing that all I had to do this whole time was say simple words like "project" when I wanted to project and "return" when I wanted to come back to my original body. However, that only worked when I was somewhat calm. If I panicked at all, I would probably randomly project.

It took time but I finally learned how to keep both, my physical body and projected body, fighting at the same time. It was kind of mediocre to see yourself fighting alongside yourself; if that makes any sense. We had come to realize that my projected body was immune to Leo's ability to slow time, but unfortunately, my physical body wasn't. After the first practice fight, I had with Leo had gotten out of control, we weren't allowed to use our powers against each other anymore; which sucked because I had enjoyed calling my Projection body out and us both kicking his ass.

Things around the Packhouse were extremely tense. Sam avoided me at all cost no matter how many times I tried to talk to him. At first, he made up excuses as to why he couldn't talk. When he did talk to me, he apologized for overreacting with Lucian but also explained how he felt like he didn't stand a chance with me if I had two soul mates he had to go up against. After he admitted that, he was distant again and then he just disappeared altogether. Dean had said that he volunteered to help with some rogues in Italy. I knew that he only did it to be away from me. It pained me to know that I had openly hurt him and I hated myself for it. Regardless of how I felt, Sam was always a good and nice guy. He didn't deserve this.

Leo had broken up with Bianca and I pretty much had no one to talk to. I hadn't seen Lucian since the night prowl and I was a little bit worried. Haven was giving me the cold shoulder. Not so much from what I did to Sam, but because she was my best friend and I didn't tell her about Lucian. Starr and Dean were pretty much in Lala land; they had already fully mated and we were soon having a ceremony to introduce her as the new Luna of the Chester Pack. As for Chad and Adam, well they seemed like the only ones still depressed about Viktoria's death. I still blamed myself for her demise, but I had far too many things on my plate to fully be in mourning.

The only good that came out of all of this was that Sloane and I were back on good terms. Although, our relationship was somewhat different. I took into consideration that she did have her own stressful life to deal with, so I no longer bombarded her with my problems. That's when my projected body came in handy. Even though we were the same person, as my powers strengthen, we began to develop different personalities. It was like she was becoming her own person. She listened to everything I had to say and never hesitated on giving me her input. It was like having a twin sister, but only we were closer. She hated when everyone called her Rayne number two and she insisted that we call her Knox; a name she's always adored. Where she got it from? I had no clue, but I respected her wishes.

I no longer kept her boxed inside of my body. Instead, I let her roam free and do her own thing. It was safe seeing as she had no attachments to Leo or any other male in the house. At first, everyone was on edge about her. We had figured out that since she came from elemental magic, the Eternal curse was connected to her. So while she walked around with her fangs and red eyes, I felt completely normal with just my wolf and I. And, everything was fine, just as long as we kept her away from Lucian or she'd probably jump his bones. But, we didn't have to worry about him because he hadn't shown his face in a while, which couldn't have been a good sign.

"Rayne, focus," Sloane nagged, pulling me out of my thoughts. Leo was able to get a few good hits on me due to the fact that I was openly zoning out. Leo never wanted to fight against me at first due to his humongous male ego. But, with my cleverness on doing a good reverse psychology, he caved in. We had just done our share of fighting in our wolf form; sadly he won. Now we were fighting in our human form and I knew I would be victorious. It was rare for a Werewolves human side to be more dominant than her wolf side; so I was a walking exception.