"How was the night in the hospital wing?" he asked.

"Not bad," I answered. "Get this, some Hufflepuffs came by in the morning when I was still cursed. They sure were surprised to see me!"

"No way," laughed Pansy from behind us. "Did they say anything?"

I shook my head. "Nothing to my face. How was double Herbology with Ravenclaw this morning?"

"Great!" answered Daphne from the left—she partnered with Tracey. "Tracey tripped me."

"It hurt," complained Tracey, holding out her leg and rolling down her sock to show a nasty bruise forming.

I whistled at that. "Wow. Daphne, what the heck?"

"I didn't expect her to trip me with her leg," she giggled. "Completely unprepared! I actually fell face-first in the pots."

"Way to commit," I praised.

"Less chatting, more brewing," warned Professor Snape.

"Yes, Professor," we said.

I whispered to Draco, "Can you trip me when we go into DADA?"

Draco sighed. "Yes, I will trip you."

"Thanks, Draco," I said, already imagining the best way to dramatically fall to the ground. If I landed it right I could break my nose.

Ah. Actually the sudden blood might make my babehs distraught. Better not.

"Tom, how should I fall tomorrow?"

"On the side."

"A reason?"

"Put your hair down. When you fall on your side you can gauge the reactions of others through your peripheral."

"Like Umbridge's."

"Yes."

"Brilliant!"

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Excited to be tripped, I decided to forgo using my usual black messenger bag for my books that day. It would have more of an impact if I lost all of my belongings when I tumbled to the ground. I let my hair down in preparation for the fall, and when it was finally time to head to DADA I slowed my pace down to let some of my babeh snakes enter the classroom ahead of me.

Draco smoothly stepped ahead of me. As I walked into the classroom I felt his foot hook under my ankle and pull hard. I twisted as I fell, gracelessly tumbling to the hardwood floor. My books and notebooks flew out of my arms and I even let out a defenseless squeak when I hit the ground.

Unfortunately, my hair was uncooperative. Too much of it covered my eyes so I couldn't see immediate reactions, but I did catch Dolores Umbridge's pleased smile as I slowly sat up.

Daphne hurried to help me up, chewing her bottom lip anxiously as she looked around the room. Draco, Vincent, Gregory, Blaise, and Theodore had hovered near the front door, smirks on their faces as they watched me pick up my items.

Daphne and I took seats up front, staying close to one another as we lowered our gazes demurely.

"What a tumble, are you all right?" asked Dolores with a thin smile.

"Y-Yes ma'am," I mumbled, shyly meeting her gaze. "S-Sorry."

Her toad-like smile stretched wider. "As long as you're okay."

I smiled weakly back.

"Well, good afternoon!" she said when finally the whole class had sat down.