Burden | Moblit x (Hidden) Reader

Start from the beginning

"Oh god where were you and your mother? Why didn't she tell me? Is she okay? Are you okay?" Moblit asked.

"I'm fine but mom she... she's not doing so well." B/n answered.

"But she's alive?"

"Yes."

"Why? Why didn't she tell me?" Moblit wondered.

"She said she didn't want to burden you, she loves you so much and didn't want to weigh you down." He explained.

"But you could never weigh me down? I wanted a family with her more than anything. And now you had to grow up without me. I'm so sorry B/n. I swear I had no idea or I would've been there." Moblit said, his voice pained with guilt.

"It's okay, I don't blame you or mom. Your here now and that's all that matters." B/n reassured him.

"Wait, you said 'loves'? She still loves me?" Moblits boise was broken yet hopeful, him pulling away just enough to see B/n's face.

"Yes, very much. She always said you were an amazing guy and I guess she was right." Moblits heart ached, he was so happy to hear that not only you but B/n thought he was a good person.

"Can I see her? Did she come with you?" he asked.

"She's having... issues. That's why she wanted me to contact you. She feels horrible and misses you so much. The only problem is that she doesn't have a lot of time left. She's sick."

Moblits heart shattered. Sick? How sick? B/n said she doesn't have much time, how long does she have left? And even worse he means that's she's going to die?

"C-Can I see her?" Moblit asked.

"Of course, we've been living in the tiny house in Trost my whole life so i know the routes pretty well, I can take you to her. if you want?"

"Yes, please." moblit breathed.

B/n and Moblit bid Erwin goodbye before saddling their horses and taking off for Trost. As they rode through the streets, getting closer and closer to their destination Moblits mind began to start thinking more cohesively.

What made her leave? Why didn't she say anything? I could've helped her had I know. I should've looked harder.

Before Moblit knew it they were knocking on the wooden door, a frail woman in her thirties answering.

"Y/n?"

You froze at Moblits words, stumbing back a step or two before B/n caught you and held you up straight before moving you to a chair in the living room. Moblit followed, saddened by the smallness of the house knowing it was all you could afford by yourself. B/n helped calm you down some before leaving the room, saying he'd give the two of you some time and privacy to talk with one another.

You didn't meet Moblits eyes and instead stared at the floor, avoiding eye contact. Moblits heart broke. After all this time you couldn't even stand the sight of him?

"Y/n?"

No response.

"Y/n please talk to me. Please help me understand cause I am so lost right now."

"What do you want me to say?" you asked quietly.

"You could start with why you left?" he too spoke softly, no judgement or anger in his words.

"Don't be stupid Moblit, you know why I left." you however did have an angered tone.

Moblit fell to his knees in front of you, practically begging.

"No Y/n. I really don't. You just disappeared one day and never came back. I looked for you and thought that you had died! Why did you leave?!" he was desperate. Desperate for answers. Desperate for a reason. Desperate for anything.

"I was pregnant Moblit!"

"And?! I wanted a family with you Y/n. I wasn't going to reject or abandon you. But you did that to me! Did you ever even consider that?"

"I didn't try to. I just didn't want to burden you. You were doing so well and I didn't want to disrupt that."

"That wouldn't of disrupted me! But you know what did? You leaving! Do you know how depressed I got when you went missing? My life fell apart!"

"I'm sorry I didn't meant to."

Moblit paused for a moment.

"Me too. I'm sorry Your right, we're both to blame. But why now? B/n said you were struggling and all but help me understand."

"I'm sick moblit. I can't afford the bills or or go to the market anymore and i-i'm probably going to die soon and I didn't want to leave B/n alone."

"Is it cureable?"

"Yes but like I said I can't aff-"

"Don't worry about that."

"I don't just want to come crawling back to you for help though, that's selfish after what I did."

"Maybe but you didn't exactly do it to be selfish. Plus I love you and I won't let you you die without putting up a fight. You may have left me but I still miss you Y/n. I love you so much that I don't care that you left. Just please come back to me."

"You still want me?"

"Yes of course. And I always will."

"Okay... Okay i'll come back."

Moblit lept up and hugged you, being mindful of your fragility while still conveying his love.

"I promise darling, i'll help you get better and support both you and B/n."

"I'm so sorry for leaving Moblit I-I..."

"Shhh. I know Y/n. It's okay now though, everything will be okay."

And it was.

a/n- i miss moblit:( also i've been craving either hardcore ANGST or FLUFF recently so request some and i'll totally write it lol

Please Read-
There was a lot of convo so i put lines between them to space them out- are the easier to read like that? Should i continue doing it? i'd really love your opinions and thoughts so i can make the book better:)

TODAYS ERENS BIRTHDAY-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EREN 🥳

favorite flower?
[mines either sunflowers, daffodils, or daisies]

this was a request by TitanLife2512
also i recheck the prompt to make sure i paired it with the right one before i post but realized that it's a little off from what you asked- i can totally make another one if you want me too i'm so sorry

your perfect love<3