Book 1 Chapter 4: The Warriors of Kyoshi

3rd Person POV

Zuko is currently sitting on the ground with his legs crossed in his personal quarters on his fire nation ship. Four candles are set on a table in front of him each lit with a flame. They get bigger and smaller in unison of the deep breaths he is taking. The metal door to his quarters creaks open revealing Iroh who steps inside. "The only reason you should be interrupting me, is if you have news about the avatar" Zuko calmly says not sparing a glance to his uncle but instead keeping his gaze on the lit candles in front of him. 

"Well there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset" Iroh warns.

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader" Zuko says surprisingly wise for him. "Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it" Zuko finishes.

"Ok then, we have no idea where he is" Iroh says as the flames in front of Zuko immediately burst up to the ceiling. 

"What!?" Zuko yells angrily as he stands up to face his uncle who just simply holds a scroll of a map. 

"You really should open a window in here" Iroh says as he waves a hand fan in front of his face. 

"Give me the map!" Zuko yells as he snatches the scroll out his uncle's hands. 

"There have been several sightings of the avatar and his friends, but they are impossible to track down" Iroh states as he continues to fan himself.

"How am I going to find him uncle?" Zuko asks while looking at the map to see the lines between the stops the avatar has made which just shows a bunch of zig zags all over the place. "He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering" Zuko says as he continues to study the map.

Now with the gang who are riding on top of Appa, Sokka is looking at a map before putting it down confused. "You have no idea where you're going, do you?" Sokka asks Aang who is on Appa's head directing the giant bison. 

"Well, I know it's near water" Aang says trying to be enthusiastic. (Y/N) looks out over Appa and down to see miles and miles of water all around them with no sign of land. 

"That's real helpful" (Y/N) says to himself quietly. 

"Well I guess we're getting close then" Sokka says sarcastically. As they continue to fly Katara is sewing up some holes in Sokka's pants while Aang a bit creepily stares at her. (Y/N) takes notice of this and just smiles realizing that Aang has a crush on Katara.

"Momo, marbles please" Aang says as Momo goes inside his shirt and brings out a couple marbles before placing them in his hand. "Hey Katara, check out this air bending trick" he says excitedly spinning them in a circle between his hands as they appear as a blur. 

"That's great Aang" Katara says not even looking at him instead still focusing on sewing up the pants she was working on. 

"You didn't even look" Aang says sadly. Katara then looks directly at him to see that he isn't even doing the little trick anymore. 

"That's great" she says. 

"But I'm not doing it now" Aang says sadly.

"I thought your trick was cool Aang" (Y/N) says bringing a slight smile to his face. 

"Stop bugging her, airhead" Sokka yells out to Aang. "You need to give girls space when they do their sewing" Sokka says gaining the attention of both Katara and (Y/N) for different reasons. While Katara looked at Sokka with an annoyed expression, (Y/N) instead looked at him with an excited expression knowing what's about to go down.

"What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?" Katara asks.

"Simple. Girls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that. It's just the natural order of things" Sokka responds as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.