Chapter 39: Fixing Our Problems

Days passed and Leon and I still haven't spoken about the girl that he was singing to. I wouldn't usually be jealous, but he's hiding something, and I know it has something to do with her because every time I ask, he makes up some excuse so that he doesn't have to tell me the truth. He was sitting with Lia while she was sleeping in his arms and I was spending time with Liam outside in the pool. He got up and went upstairs with Lia. I dried off and picked up Liam and went back inside as I saw he was getting tired. When we got inside, Emma came.

Emma: Liam seems tired, I'll take him to bed.

Violetta: Thank you, Emma. Please, if you need me, I'll be outside.

Emma: Alright, enjoy Mrs Violetta.

I sat on the chair outside and started writing my new song. Minutes later, I heard someone running and then I just heard a big splash in the pool. Leon just jumped in and wet me.

Violetta: Leon! My pages are wet now, thanks!

Leon: Relax, it'll dry quickly. Come in here with me, it's a good temperature. You'll love it!

Violetta: I don't want to swim! I'm going to go back inside because you're not going to let me concentrate if I stay.

As I got up and packed my things neatly, he started shouting.

Leon: Cramp! I need my brave... perfect... wife... to... save me!

Violetta: Just stand up and quiet down. The twins are asleep and you're going to wake them up.

Leon: You can shut me up easily, just come into the water and do it.

Violetta: I'm not in the mood for any of your games, if you're going to swim, be quiet because our children are sleeping.

Leon: Fine, you leave me no choice.

He got out of the pool and picked me up bridal style.

Violetta: Jorge Leon Blanco Vargas! Put me down right now!

Leon: Look who's shouting now.

Violetta: Please put me down, I don't want to get into the pool.

Leon: I'm not going to put you down until you get into the pool. So make a choice, either I throw you in, or we jump in together.

Violetta: Can I walk in slowly to get used to the water?

Leon: Fine, but I'm not letting go of your hand until you're in. Deal?

Violetta: Deal, but first put me down!

He put me down and we slowly got in together. I was standing on the last step before I was fully in. On the side we were at, the water stood just under his armpits. If I take another step in, you'd only see from my chin up, and I didn't want to wet my hair.

Leon: There's only one more step, come get in.

Violetta: I'm already in the water, I don't want to get my hair wet.

Leon: Put your hair in a higher bun and then you can come in.

I put my hair in a higher bun and then before I got in fully, he picked me up in the water and put my legs around his waist.  He held me tight and then planted his lips onto mine. With everything that was going on, we haven't really been in a place to do something like this. It felt amazing. Several minutes later, we pulled away and I looked into his sparkly brown eyes.

Leon: I've missed being like this with you, us being...

Violetta: In love?

Leon: Yeah well I was actually going to say us being in such a good space, but I guess you could say that.