Hyemi flinched as Kyunghee raised her arm to slap her, letting out a frustrated shriek as she did so. Hyemi closed her eyes and lifted her arms to block her face, but she didn't feel anything.

Slowly she opened her eyes to see Jaehyun standing right next to her, Kyunghee's arm gripped tightly in his fist as he stared down at her with a glare.

"Walk away." He growled, staring the two girls down.

"J-Jaehyun..."

"I said walk away. Now. Before I do something that both of us regret."

He released her arm, shoving her back harshly into Iseul and putting himself between them and Hyemi. He took a step towards them, a dominating aura about him. The two girls whimpered pitifully before turning and running away down the hallway.

After they left, Jaehyun instantly spun around, bending down to be level with Hyemi.

"They didn't hit you, did they? Was I too late?" He asked, scanning over her face for any sign of injury.

"N-no, t-they didnt. I'm okay."

"Thank god." She heard him whisper under his breath as he straightened up, a small smile now on his face.

"You'd think those girl would realize by now that they've lost." He said with a deep chuckle. "But whatever, stupid never fails I guess. Are you gonna be okay now? They shouldn't bother you, at least for a little bit."

"Yeah I'm good. Thanks again, Jaehyun."

"No problem, I'll see you during practice later."

Hyemi watched as he turned and walked down the hallway, her eyes following his shrinking figure.

"Oh, he doesn't like me at all blah blah blah." Jaemin said with a mocking, high-pitched tone. "Bullshit. Did you even see that just now? He's so into you."

"Oh shut up, let's go to class." She said, pushing off the wall and dragging him down the hallway with her.

"Say whatever you want, but this ship will sail!"

- - -

"Hey Yeji!" Hyemi said, seeing the girl waiting outside of her practice room.

"Hey Hyemi! How was practice?"

"It was great but now I'm starving."

"Good thing I'm always hungry, let's go grab some food!" Yeji said, smiling as the rest of the team members flooded out behind them.

"See you in the morning Hyemi!" Jaemin said as he stepped out of the room. "Oh, h-hi Yeji." He added shyly as he noticed her.

"Hey, Jaemin... how've you been?" Yeji replied with a slight blush.

"Pretty good... I'll uh I'll leave you girls too it." He laughed out with an awkward smile, shoving his hands into his pockets and walking down the hallway.

Hyemi watched the whole interaction with an amused smile on her face, watching Jaemin's retreating figure and fighting back the urge to laugh at how awkward that was.

"Goodnight, Hyemi, nice job today." She turned to see Jaehyun looking at her with a smile after locking the practice room door.

"Oh, thanks Jaehyun, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Are you gonna be okay getting to the girl's apartment? I can give you a ride if you want."

"Oh don't worry about it. Yeji and I are going to grab some food first, I'll be fine."

"Alright, text me when you get there and be careful."

"Got it, will do."

He started to walk away but quickly turned around.

Not Alone || Jung Jaehyunजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें