3 - proposal

"Alright, I'll meet you there." Chris hung up the phone just as you were walking in.

"Hey, babe! Where are you going?" You walked up to him, gave him a hug, and pecked his lips.

"I'm getting coffee with Lily." He answered.

Your eyes widened, "W-with Lily?"

Why would he go have coffee with Lily after all the lies the paparazzi spread?, you thought.

"Babe, she's just my co-star." He answered, knowing that your mind was flooded with thoughts.

"Right. I was gonna go out anyways," You pulled back from him with a frown, "See you later."

You grabbed your coat and exited the house before Chris did.

~~~

After drinking their coffee, Chris and Lily decided to take a walk in a nearby park.

"When are you proposing?" Lily asked.

"When the moment comes. I want it to be perfect for Y/n." Chris had been planning on proposing to you for a few weeks now. He just wanted to make sure it was perfect and romantic.

"Awe! Can I see the ring?" Lily was extremely happy for you guys, especially since Chris talks about you all the time and about how happy you make him.

"Sure." Chris took out the ring and showed Lily.

"Woah!" She smiled as she looked at it.

"I'm sure she's gonna love it!" She said excitedly.

Suddenly, they both heard camera clicks and started to look around.

"Hide the ring." Lily suggested nervously and Chris quickly put the ring back in his pocket.

What you didn't know was that you decided to walk in the same exact park they were in. You hadn't seen them just yet, but you didn't even know they were there. You thought they were just in some coffee shop talking. The entire situation made you nervous and slightly insecure but you had to trust Chris.

He was your best friend before he was your lover and you knew how loyal he was to past girlfriends. All the insecurities had to stop because Chris would never hurt you.

You were so immersed in your own thoughts that you didn't pay attention to anything around you. You were in your own little world until someone crashed into you, their cold drink spilled all over your shirt.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am." The man was tall and had black hair and blue eyes. He apologized nervously when he realized he stained your shirt.

You had worse problems than some coffee, "It's alright. No worries."

"Let me help you. I'm Ian." He stretched out his hand and you took it.

"Thanks. I'm Y/n." You softly smiled.

Ian took a napkin from his pocket and started to clean you up. Luckily, the coffee was all over your abdomen and not your chest.

"Um, babe?" You heard Chris say from behind you.

You turned your head while Ian was still cleaning you up.

Hm. Looks like he took Lily out for more than coffee, you thought.

You glared at Lily who was standing right next to him, while Chris just glared at Ian cleaning you up.

"Let 's go home." He spoke in a low, deep voice.

You rolled your eyes and turned back to Ian, "Nice meeting you, Ian."

Ian smiled, "Likewise."

He turned around and left and when you turned to Chris, Lily was also walking away.

~~~

"Who's Ian?" Chris asked, raising his voice.

"Why were you in the park with Lily?" You asked, ignoring his question.

"I-" Chris went pale.

"Oh lemme guess, was it her birthday again?" You were on the verge of tears but held them back.

"Y/n-"

"What? This is frustrating, ok? I want people to know we love each other! They think you love Lily and now I'm starting to believe it too!" Your voice broke and you stopped talking before tears fell down your face.

"How could you believe that?," Chris was just as frustrated. He wanted everyone to know how much he loves you but he knew some "fans" weren't going to like the fact that he wasn't single. He was trying to protect you and your feelings, from the media.

"People just want drama and gossip! I love you, Y/n. Please, trust me!" He was yelling but it wasn't because of anger. He just wanted you to believe him.

You sighed and stared at him. His eyes were watery and you felt bad.

"You're right. And I trust you, Robin." You smirked at the nickname.

You could tell he relaxed after you said that, "I love you, Batman."

He walked towards you and you softly laughed.

~~~ Later that night ~~~

Chris was downstairs getting some water, while you were in your bedroom waiting for him.

As you scrolled through Twitter, your best friend, Ashley, bombarded you with text messages.

"Jeez." You opened the text messages to find a link. Whatever that was, you had to read it ASAP according to her.

Ashley was the only person, besides your family, who knows you're dating Chris.

You opened the link and waited for it to load. It was an article. Your eyes widened when you read the title.

"Chris Evans PROPOSES to Lily James in a beautiful park!"

You scrolled down and found pictures. Tears were falling down your cheeks as you looked at them. Lily and Chris were standing in the same park you were in earlier, and he was holding a diamond ring. Both him and Lily were smiling widely.

You felt your chest tighten and sobs escaped your lips.

"Son of a bit-"

~~~~~~~
Mamma mia, here we go again! <3