Finally // Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

"Lyrics, music is the hardest for me"

"Same here love, let's just brainstorm a bit"

After a long time of just brainstorming random words, getting distracted by the other, laughing, and doing things that weren't exactly working, we finally got a song. I looked down at my notebook, reading the chorus.

'If you're gonna break my heart, then do it right
Don't you leave me hanging on like the last time
Break my heart, then do it right
Oh, it's gonna burn without you
Oh, without you
Without you
Whoa, without you'

"We just wrote a song" I breathed out

"Yes, we did, now let's try with adding the music" Niall handed me an acoustic guitar

"Sure" The guitar was perfectly tuned, and I don't really know why, but tuned guitars made me happy

"Try a barre chord"

"Fuck, barre chords are the hardest"

"Here let me help you" He said while getting up

I was sitting in a little chair, Niall stood up and was now behind me. His chest was against my back, and I was scared that he could hear how fast my heart was beating, but I could feel his, beating as quick as mine. His left arm was now wrapped around my left arm, his fingers were grabbing mine, trying to position them correctly in the guitar strings, his right hand was resting on my waist, which i loved. I could feel his hot breath in my neck, and his soft little beard against my jawline. The tension was so big, it could be cut with a knife.

"So you put this finger here, this one here, and that one there. Now try strumming" He whispered against my neck

I did as I was told and felt a smile growing in my face, barre chords were really the hardest

"I did it"

I moved my face to the side, and we were now facing each other, our faces were inches apart, if I moved less that a centimeter our lips would be touching, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't eager to taste those perfect lips right now.

"Yes, you did" He whispered. I could see his eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips, but I couldn't complain, cause I was doing the same

"I should get home" I told him, looking at the floor, breaking our stare

He awkwardly coughed and then proceed to say:

"Sure, i'll take you there"

"Oh, that's not needed, I brought my car"

"Then you will take me with you, the sun already came down, and sadly, it's dangerous if you go by yourself"

"Oh, okay" I simply said while grabbing my coat

~ Niall's eyes

What. The. Fuck. Happened

Were we about to kiss? Well, none of us leaned in, so I guess we weren't? This is confusing.

Those were the only things that went through my head while being in the car with Athena. The soft music of the radio was the only thing heard in the car, but soon enough we were outside Athena's building. She grabbed her car keys and put them inside her little purse, she opened her door and went over to mine, holding the door for me, even if I could do it myself. We walked beside the other until we reached her door.

"Thank you for everything today Ni, I loved writing a song with you" She sincerely said

"I loved writing a song with you as well" I responded, giving back the same sincerity that was given to me

She opened her purse and started fumbling for her keys, she didn't seem to be finding them. I don't know what went through my head, but I was tired of playing pretend. Pretending like I didn't like her, pretending like I didn't smile every single time the boys brought her up, pretending that I wasn't having sleepless nights thinking about her, I was tired. And there was only one way to release all this tiredness. Out of a sudden I softly cupped her face with my hands and crashed her lips onto mine. I could feel her gasp against the kiss, but soon enough she relaxed and started kissing back. It wasn't a hungry or very rough kiss, it was sweet, it was a kiss that showed how much we cared. We poured all our feelings onto that kiss, hoping the other would understand what words couldn't explain. Our lips molded together like pieces of a puzzle, they were perfect against each other. My stomach did flips, and my brain was turned off, no thoughts were in my brain, it was only me and her.

After a while we broke apart and just stared at the other, forehead against forehead

"Do you want to come inside?" She suddenly whispered

My lips curved into a smile, and I chuckled

"What for?" I whispered back

"Not in that way!" She chuckled as well "I just don't want to end the night..."

"I would love to come inside" Soon she took my hand and I followed her

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

A/N

OKAY WE GOT A KISS PEOPLE, WE GOT A KISS

Hope y'all got the little Black and White reference *wink wink*

I just wanna clear something up

I know that all the songs that I used so far to make as Ath's songs are songs made by males, but I don't listen to female artists I'm so sorry 😭

I used Break my Heart so we can pretend that the song was written by Athena and Niall, of course that since this story is settled during 2020 and Break My Heart was released during 2021 we have to pretend that: the song was written by Athena and Niall, will be released before the real release date, and we have to pretend as if it's sung by a woman. I know it's confusing but I will try to use songs made by female artists in the future. (If you wanna leave some recommendations please do)

Anyways I hope you are enjoying the story so far, remember to vote, comment, and I guess follow me? I'm not sure if you should follow me, if you want to do it, if you don't it's alright  :)

Remember that you are loved, very valid, and I'm so proud of you. Eat something, drink some water, and I'll see you in the next update.

Lots of love,

S xxx