°CHAPTER 5°

« Suprisingly Enjoyable »

It's been three days since you've found out about the schemes of your parents and you're still pretty upset. Days of crying and watching random low budget sci-fi movies, while eating ungodly amounts of food has really done a number on you.

The eye bags under your eyes could potentially be considered actual bags, while your hair was unkept and tangled. Tear streaks that you haven't bothered to wipe laid try upon your cheeks. To say the least you were a mess.

It was only then you realized how much your shitty parents (that you didn't even like) were now officially out of your life. Though you were now considered someone's property you could always bargain. If anything you should be celebrating.

Yeah, you know what!? Fuck your parents! Screw them, they can eat shit. They never cared about you, so why should you care about them!? What they did is now a fact and something you couldn't reverse. So why spend all this time being pathetically mopey?

What's done is done. The only thing you could do now is try to create a better future for yourself.

And with that you decided to fix yourself up. You took a shower, cleaned the apartment, gathered all your laundry to go use the communal laundromat in the complex. You were gonna go out to the mall, hopefully thrift a few nice items, buy some clothes you needed, who knows!? All you knew was that you needed to get out.

In the meanwhile, a certain man was currently on a "date" with the heir to another smaller luxury company. Except the person they sent was led upon their own different terms. This woman truly believed that this meeting concerning business was actually a date. How laughable.

With her hands often doing their best to capture his in an "endearing" way, and the constant slutery flutter of her eyelashes it was fleetingly obvious what her true motives were. Her hungry gaze doing their best to meet his while she inconspicuously tried to undress him with her eyes.

He decided he should probably shut her down before she grew too confident. After all, did she really think she had a chance? Did she think she was worthy of his love? She was just another pretty face that had no other purpose than being a bargaining chip in the place of her company. A role she was groomed into.

In a way it reminded him of you. Both of you girls were somewhat conditioned like sacrificial lambs, unknowing of your guardians true efforts. The only difference was that the girl infront of him had already folded into their wishes. If he made any advances back they would leach off of his wealth like the parasites they were.

You on the other hand were different. Of course he's only met with you twice, but it doesn't mean he hasn't been keeping an eye on you. From the moment you escaped his clutches the first time, he's been watching you effortlessly.

He knew what college you went to and arranged his plans accordingly. He found out that you had been living in one of the lower establishments he owned and sent people to conduct weekly investigations on you. He'd figured out your name, age, address, job occupation, and college by the time he was planning on making an appearance at your college.

Quite frankly, he didn't think you would be able to afford the grand college you were attending. It was quite an elitist campus that mainly hosted the wealthy. He assumed that you would be swimming in debt but to his suprise (when he looked at your files and bank account) you were one of the two scholarship students allowed to attend.