𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟽 ☯︎︎ 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Start from the beginning

Either way, it's not like he can attack her at all since he's lost feeling on the arm she hit with her first attack.

The orchestra— with the violins and the cellos and the drums all racing to get to their climax— remain oblivious to the two people that are dangling on the thin metal platform above it them.

One of them dodges while the other attacks, and the pair fall into a rhythm that somehow lines up with the music playing under them.

With each crescendo the two fighters pick up on their intensity until the woman knocks Mingi back with a kick to his face with her black stiletto.

It's a wonder that she can even fight in those things much less keep her balance with the kick she just landed.

Mingi trips up, falling back onto the platform and hearing a sharp creaking noise as it bends and shakes under his weight. If they stay here any longer, he's sure that they'll end up crashing the stage below them.

What's worse is that some of the lines keeping the platform up are already snapping because of the movement; they're not made to withstand harsh and tumultuous movements.

"Listen, Ma'am—!" Trying to get the masked woman to calm down, Mingi props himself up on his elbows and attempts to reason with her but she only closes in to attack. "Look, if we don't move the lines are gonna snap and— Hey! Watch it!"

The model shrieks when the woman begins stomping to drive the heel of her stiletto into his thigh.

With his options running low and the dire need to get back to his teammates increasing, Mingi decides that he has no other choice but to harm this woman if he wants to escape.

He acts on his decisions hastily, wrapping his legs around hers as her foot comes down on the platform once again, and this time he pulls with all of his force so that she falls as well.

What he didn't expect was that when she fell onto the floor, she'd fall on her face, breaking the mask she had been using this whole time to keep her identity a secret.

"Ha! You thought you'd get me? Well, jokes on you because now you're in the same place as... me." The jeering model's voice soon trails off. The woman gets back up after her mask breaks, stunning the man she was just fighting.

For a moment, they both sit there doing absolutely nothing but staring at each other. Mingi cannot believe what his eyes are telling him; it takes him a moment to actually register who he's seeing.

The reason why her lips and her movements seemed so familiar was because he knew her. Or at least he thought he knew her.

"You— You're...," His mind is still at a loss for words at the sight of the woman in front of him. He opens his mouth to complete his thought but gets interrupted when someone else calls for him from the corridor on the left end of the platform.

"Fix-on!" The woman gets startled by the other man heading towards them that before she can be spotted by anyone else without her mask, she scrambles up, disappearing into the corridor opposite to the one where Mingi's codename was being called.

Just as fast as the woman had appeared before him, she disappeared. No trace left behind except for the shattered mask and the fading image of her face in Mingi's mind.