Chapter 4

Nick's POV

Later that night Joe had cooked the fish Shay and I caught. It was very delicious and I loved eating it outside by our fire pit.

She threw her plastic plate in the trash bag connected to the back of Joe's truck. She offered to grab mine, then Joe's. Once they were gone, she took a seat on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her as I buried my face in the back of her hair. She smelt like vanilla. More on the line of cupcakes, and I loved it.

She smelt like cupcakes since we were kids. It's just her scent and we all used to give her a hard time about it. I used to say, "You smell so sweet, that I could eat you." And chased her around in a grass field. Once I'd catch up with her. I'd pull her with me to the ground. I would lick her cheek like a dog and she'll start squealing.

"Ewwwwww! Nick, that's so gross! You're giving me your boy cooties! Yuck!"

My thoughts quickly went back to reality once she hugged my hands that were holding her. A smile crept on my face as I placed a strand of hair be hide her ears. I leaned my head in and slightly licked her cheek. I felt her body shake as she was laughing. She turned to straddle me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"How do I taste?" She smirked at me.

"Like cupcakes," I smirked back. "I actually wouldn't mind one." She ran her fingers down my chest tapping as they moved down.

"Maybe later," she whispered. I heard a loud groan coming from Joe.

"You two aren't the only ones out here, you know?" Shay faced him.

"You don't have to stay here, you know?"

"Yeah, but you guys promised that after dinner we'd go down to the lake," he whined. I closed my eyes knowing we did say that.

"We'll leave in a few, alright?"

"Fine," he grabbed a stick and poked it in the fire. Just then the entire stick caught up with flames. He jumped back and threw it in the fire pit. I chuckled to myself, then whispered in her ear.

"Why don't we head to the lake now? He's starting to worry me. He almost caught himself on fire."

"Joe! What did you do?" She asked standing up. Joe looked at her surprised.

"Me? I didn't do anything, but poke the fire."

"With what?"

"Uhh, a stick? What else would it be?" She shook her head.

"Never mind, let's go."

Shay's POV

We took the 10 minute walk down to the lake. A boat was there waiting for us with four ors. We all climbed in and the guys took the ors in hand.

Within a few minutes we were in the middle. As the sun was setting I saw a fish swim up and nibbled on a tiny rock Nick had thrown. I laughed once it realized it wasn't food and swam off. I then took my attention towards the setting of the sun. Pink, purple and yellow clouds surrounded it. It was just breathe taking to look at. But it wasn't long until the wind flew by causing the boat to sway. I lost my balanced and fell in. Once I shot back up the boys looked at me.

"Hey, I thought that was suppose to be my job," Joe laughed taking off his shirt then jumping in. Nick stayed in the boat and laughed at us. "Come on Nick! The water is actually really warm." Nick shook his head.

"No, I'm good. I'm not feeling to well." I swam to Nick and placed my hands on the edge of the boat.

"What's wrong?" I asked a little worried. After dinner I noticed him looking uncomfortable. He placed his hands atop of mine.

"Could we just head back?" He asked. His pupil size changed and I knew something wasn't right.

Once we made back to the cabin, Nick raced inside. As I was stepping in. I heard the worst of sounds I could ever hear. Nick's retching filled the entire place as I ran back outside shutting the door. I ran to Joe's truck as tears streamed down.
"No, no, no, no, no, no, this can't be happening." I covered my face as a pair of arms held me tight.

"Don't worry, he's going to be fine. It's probably the fish," he sighed. "You know, with his diabetes him throwing up might happen a little more than you wouldn't want it to. You won't be able to run out and hide when it's just you and him. He'll need you to be there. But, since I'm here, I'll watch him. You have to face your fears sooner or later." He then disappeared in the house as I climbed into his truck. After I shut the door, I pulled my knees to my chest.

I know he's right. I won't always be able to run from it. It's something we all do, that I have to get used to. But I can't help the way my body freaks when it happens. It's like those cartoons when they run into/get hit by something and their whole body spazzes out. That's what my stomach does inside and I hate it. I wish it didn't have to. It'll be something I'll have to fight.

Joe walked back out and I opened his truck door stepping out. He handed me some pillows; a blanket, my iPhone and dry shorts with a tank top.
"He's trying to sleep right now. Sounds like a bunch of hungry zombies in there," he chuckled. My stomach did a flip as I closed my eyes. He fixed my hair away from my eyes. "He'll be okay though. Are you going to be okay with sleeping in the truck?" I nodded my head and forced a smile. He patted my head then headed back inside. I climbed back in the truck, changing into the clothes he brought out for me. I threw the drenched ones outside then made a bed for myself.

As I was laying there. I texted Nick to see if he's alright, but he beat me to it.

Nick: I'm so sorry, I'm feeling so bad that this happened. :( Are you okay?

Me: Don't apologize, it's not your fault. And yes I'm fine. How are you feeling? I'm so worried.. :*(

Nick: A little better, Joe made some soup and tea that so far I've been able to keep down.. xD

Me: Lol xD

Nick: So..I guess I don't get my sweet cupcake after all. :'(

Me: Are you talking about me or sex?

Nick: Maybe Both ;)

Me: We'll see how it plays out tomorrow. I'm not making any promises :)

Nick: Alright My Love, I'm going to get some sleep. I love you so much<3

Me: I love you too my sweet Angel
*muah*

Joe: You guys should really check to make sure no one else is added in the conversation.So, what's this cupcake you guys were talking about? Lol!

Nick: Good night Joe

Me: Joe, you ain't ever going to get a taste from my sweet side.

Nick: Hahahahaha!

Joe: I didn't say. I have my own Hersey Kisses

Nick/Me: GOOD NIGHT JOE!

(Please comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote :D)