Chapter 26: Princess Ava?!

Start from the beginning

"W-We met... a-at the park!" (Y/n) stutters out before Pierce could speak. "W-We just... bumped into each other and started talking and..." They play up their shyness, rubbing the back of their neck. "I-I just... f-fell for him..."

Pierce's cheeks tint pink at the sincerity of their tone and Noi feels suddenly... jealous.

Devon beams. "Why isn't that just the cutest! Are you sure you're not going to tell Kay just yet?"

(Y/n) nods, looking down. "Y-Yeah, I'm not really... r-ready..." They mutter. "T-To tell her a lot of things..."

Andrew nods, his tone reeling Devon back. "Take your time, beanie, we know this is all new..."

The human smiles. "Y-Yeah, thanks..."

With excellent timing, Marco walks back up to the table with a pizza and he sets it on the table. "Here you go! One pepperoni pizza with your favorite, Ava, a smiley face!"

"Thank you!" Andrew says, taking in the nostalgic scent of fresh, hot pizza.

"You still do that?" (Y/n) asks, looking over at their friend. "That's so cute!"

Ava's face burns red. "Sh-Shut up!"

Marco chuckles and glances at (Y/n). "Tell Kay and Leya I said hello next time you see them!" He had gone to school with both girls, so he was friendly with the couple as well as (Y/n).

"Will do, Marco, thank you." They reply with a smile, and he nods back to them before walking away to greet another party at the door.

Just outside of the restaurant, the remaining three Daemos peer through the window nearest to their table. "Argh, this is no use! I can't hear a single thing going on!" Rhys mopes.

"Then we're going in..." Asch says, darkly, and he turns away from his knights, walking to the door. Leif, automatically agrees with the idea, and follows behind him.

Rhys' eyes widen. "W-Wait!" He runs after them, not wanting to lose sight of the two most chaotic in the group.

As the three Daemos enter, Noi looks down at the pizza on the table. "What is that?"

"It's called pizza, just eat it and smile." Ava whispers to him. Pierce, being in earshot, nods to show his understanding.

Noi takes a slice and eats in and rather quickly for that matter. "Woah!" His eyes light up and he grabs more pizza, stuffing his face. "This is delicious!"

In the commotion, only Pierce takes a slice, biting into it cautiously. "It's good."

Andrew and Devon did not notice him, as they were too focused on the other boy, scarfing down the pizza. "Wow, uh, you have a large appetite, don't you?" Andrew says with a laugh.

"And a large lack of manners..." Devon adds.

(Y/n) giggles at the cute Daemos' enthusiasm, but Ava starts to sweat, nervously. "Um, N-Noi let's... let me show you where the bathroom is so you can clean up." She laughs awkwardly again and gets up.

Noi looks up from his food, asking a soft "Bathroom?" before Ava pulls him up from his seat. "Ack!" He doesn't question her and follows her off to the bathroom.

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

"I'm so happy for Ava! But I have to admit, she's being really odd about this date." Devon mentions after she and Noi had left the table. I feel nervous for a moment, hoping that they aren't suspicious of us, but Andrew speaks up.