"Can't you stay a bit longer?" She muttered, her hand grazing along the hybrid's muscular stomach. Shivering against her touch, her cheeks turn into a soft shade of rose red. Her fingertips began to trace the band of her boxers, gently tugging at the hem. 

"An-Annie, stop. I should meet up with Levi and see what he wants. I don't want him to put me onto chore duty." Makoto stammered. Letting out another scoff, Annie loosened her arms around her and went back to bed, sitting down at the edge. Makoto allowed a sigh of relief to escape her lips as she finished getting dressed up. She gave her a kiss before leaving the room and went to look for Levi. 

The others were cleaning around the cabin and the girls came back from collecting firewood. "Hey, sleeping beauty. About time you got up," Ymir snickered and placed a kiss on her right cheek. Rolling her eyes playfully, Historia smiled up at Makoto. "I'm glad you got some rest." She said as she kissed her other cheek. Although Makoto did her best to keep a smile off her fast, her tail gave it away. Her tail was wagging like a happy puppy receiving a new toy. 

"Makoto," Levi demanded as he stood by the doorway, "Come outside with me." Sharing confused looks with her other two partners, Makoto followed the short man out. She found Levi leaning against the cabin with his arms crossed. His face was twisted with mixed emotions. "Captain, you wanted to speak?"

"Yes, you're aware that we're in a position that anyone associated with us is in danger, correct?" Levi stated. "I need someone in my squad to be able to protect the others when I'm not around. From now on, I'm going to train you personally. Outside of Hanji's experiments and the chores you'll be receiving, you'll be receiving training."

"But why me? Why not teach Eren or Mikasa? You can literally pick anyone else." Makoto implied. It was true though, she was confused about why the man decided to choose her. 

"Eren is helpful as a titan but when given just the ODM gear, he's fucked. Not to mention, I feel something off with him. I can't put my finger on it though. As for Mikasa, she's a capable fighter. But her emotions can get the best of her when it involves Eren." Levi continued, "I've seen you fight as a titan and as a soldier. You're the best candidate I have."

Staring down at him, the white-haired woman hesitated. "Why should I even agree?" Finally, Levi looked up to look at her, "You want to keep the ones you care about safe, don't you? We both have people we care for." Silence followed after his statement. Makoto glanced over at one of the cabin windows. Inside, Ymir and Historia were chatting to one another, giggling and sharing affectionate jabs and pokes. Annie had come out of her room, and she was watching them. Although she didn't show any signs of happiness, Annie's posture showed that she was relaxed and vulnerable with those two. Makoto watched as Sasha and Mikasa made their way over, offering food as they sat down with them.

"I'll do it," Makoto finally answered, looking away from the window. "Good. You're not to tell anyone about this. This stays between us. Training starts at sunset. Don't be late," Levi declared and headed inside. Makoto was left on her own as she looked out into the open scenery. 

What she doesn't notice was Kyouko watching her from inside the cabin.

-

Hanji's most recent experiments had gone poorly. When Eren and Makoto were asked to transform, Eren's titan was not at his full size and looked incredibly skinny. Not to mention, his ass was hanging out of the nape. Makoto, however, seemed fine. She had been working on shifting around her titan's muscles to allow her to stand on her hind legs and fight. 

She watched everyone rush to Eren's aid in an attempt to pull him out. The sight of Eren's face withered away almost had Makoto sick to her stomach. It shocked her to see Hanji so excited about this new discovery.