•Chapter 3 - Strike First/Part 2•

Today was the first day of school. Miguel and Y/N walked into the cafeteria. "Where do we sit?" Y/N asked him. "All of the seats are practically full." She added. "How about there?" Miguel asked, pointing to a table with two boys. "Okay!" Y/N replied. They walked over to the table. "Is it cool if we sit here?" Miguel asked. "Sorry, table's really blowing up right now. I can put you two on the wait-list, but it's probably next semester at the earliest." Demetri, the dark haired boy, said sarcastically. "Okay." Y/N said sadly, this wasn't the first time she's been rejected at a lunch table. Miguel and Y/N walk away. "No! I'm just kidding. Sit." Demetri said. Y/N and Miguel stopped and smiled at each other. They walked back over to the table and sat down.

"Y/N, This is Miguel." Y/N explained. "Demetri, this is Eli." Demetri said. Eli, the boy with light-brown hair, stayed quiet. "He's a man of few words." Suddenly, a group of 3 girls walked past their table Yasmine, the tall, blonde, barbie look-a-like, Moon, the spiritual, dark-haired one and Samantha LaRusso, the popular, rich, brown-haired girl. Miguel watched as they walked by. "Dude, don't torture yourself. Those are the rich girls."

"Do you ever talk to them or..." Y/N asked. "Oh yeah! All the time." Demetri said, again sarcastically. "We hang out after school, make out, give each other hand jobs." Demetri looks at Eli, who is smirking. "Eli here is the homecoming king. He gets all the attention from girls. "Isn't that right, Eli?" Eli laughed slightly, and looked up at Y/N and blushed. He quickly looked down again. "Talk to them? You realize what table you two are sitting at, right?"

Yasmine looked up at them and started whispering. "Oh crap, Yasmine's looking at us." Eli said softly. "Probably making fun of me." Y/N looks at Eli. "I don't think she's making fun of you." She said. "Yeah, I mean, just because they're hot doesn't mean they're mean." Y/N nodded in agreement.

"Oh my god, you guys. You see that guy over there?" Yasmine whispered loudly, referring to Eli. "He looks like he went down on a lawnmower." She added, referring to the scar on his lip. "He's literally wearing the ugliest sweater I've ever seen." Y/N had enough. "I'm going over there to talk to her." Y/N stood up. "Are you kidding?" Demetri said. Miguel grabbed her wrist, not wanted Yasmine to make fun of her like kids did at her last school. "Y/N..." She jerked her wrist, causing Miguel to lose his grip. "I'm going." She declared. 

Y/N stood up and walked over to Yasmine. "Hello, New Girl." Yasmine smirked. Moon and Yasmine laughed, Sam looked down. "What gives you the right to talk to other people like that?" Y/N asked. Yasmine gasped. Kids laughed in the background. "Who are you to talk to me like that?" Yasmine picked up her milk carton and spilled her chocolate milk down the front of Y/N's long, navy blue dress and her jean jacket. "Oh my god..." Y/N whispered, the liquid was super cold. Everyone was laughing at her. Y/N turned around and ran off the the bathroom to clean up.

"Y/N!" Miguel shouted running after her. "Just leave me alone, Miguel." She cried. She ran into the bathroom to clean up, and stayed there for the rest of lunch.

At the dojo later that day, they were training again. "The Cobra Strike is composed of two parts: The Lunge and The Bite." Johnny punched the dummy right in the face. "Which is everything that happens after you make contact. Alright?" Miguel nods, Y/N wasn't paying attention. "You don't stop here where knuckles hits the bone. You punch through the bone, like the guy you really wanna hit is standing behind this idiot. All right?" Johnny continued to punch the head of the dummy. "Hyah!" Johnny yelled. "Strike here, you bloody his nose. Strike here, you break his teeth. Strike here, you could severluy damage his trachea. Obviously, that's only for extreme situations. All right, line up."

Miguel and Y/N walked over and stood in front of the dummy. "Miss. L/N, focus. I want you to practice." Y/N starts punching when the phone rings. Johnny walks to the back room to answer it. "Keep Practicing. Punch through the dummy."

After finishing the phone call, Johnny looked back at Y/N, who was barely touching the dummy. "What the heck is she doing?" He whispered to himself. He walked over to her. "Alright, no, no, no." Johnny stopped Y/N. "You're doing it all wrong. What do you want, those kids at school to keep dumping things on your head?" Y/N looked down. "'Cause you can stop your training now, walk outside." Johnny said. "And let the whole world know you're a loser. Or, you can plant your feet and look your enemy in the eyes, and punch 'em in the face!"

Y/N planted her feet and put up her fists. "Picture your enemy." Johnny said. She imagined Yasmine being the dummy. "You have a picture in your mind?" Johnny asked. Y/N nodded and looked at the dummy. "What are you gonna do?" Y/N punched the dummy hard. "Again!" Y/N punch it again, harder and harder each time.

Later that night, Miguel and Y/N are finishing up cleaning the dojo. "Hey, Sensei, is there any particular way you want us to wash these windows?" Y/N asked. "No, I don't give a crap." Johnny responded from his office. Johnny tells them to clean something else, so they walk back and start cleaning the back room.

Daniel LaRusso, Johnny's arch rival, childhood enemy, and karate opponent, walked into the dojo. A bell rings as the door opens. "Welcome to Cobra Kai." Johnny says walking out. He stands in shock as he sees Daniel standing there. "Some things never change." The dark-haired man said. "What are you talking about?" Johnny asked. "I heard that you beat up a bunch of teenagers in that parking lot." He said. "Oh, that. No. I didn't beat up any teenagers." Johnny said. "I beat up a bunch of jerks who deserved it."

Daniel scoffed. "Uh...look. I'm not here to rehash the past. Just stay away from my daughter's friends." Daniel told him. "Your daughter's friends?" Johnny asked. "Well, that makes sense. Nice company she keeps." Johnny said, rolling his eyes. "What the heck does that mean?"

"I mean those friends of hers were beating two kids half their size. Maybe you don't know your daughter as well as you think you do." Johnny said. "Get your house in order, LaRusso." He added. "Who the heck do you think you're talking to?" Daniel asked. "Back room's clean!" Y/N exclaimed, her and Miguel walking out of the backroom and into the dojo. "Is there anything else you need us to do?" She asked. Johnny put his hand out. "Oh! I'm sorry, Sensei. We-" Y/N said.

"'Sensei'?" Daniel asked, looking at Y/N and Miguel then back at Johnny. "Really? Oh my god, kids. I don't know what he's told you, but you shouldn't believe a single word he says. Or, you're gonna end up exactly like him." Daniel said. "You and I...this...we aren't done." Daniel stopped talking and walked out. "I'm sorry if we interupted anything, Sensei." Miguel apologized. "Should we do 20 push-ups on our knuckles?" Miguel asked. "Right, like you two could."