The thought of replacement

Genre: Hurt 

Main focus: Ranboo, Tubbo, Tommy

CW: -

Word count: 949

Title idea by Ankoku-Beebun !
-----------------------------------------------------

Ever since he got out of prison, life has never been the same. Before, him and his best friend caused ruckus, laughed together and were basically inseparable. But now it was nothing like the past.

The blond felt more alone than ever, seeing the ram hybrid probably replacing him with another guy, who he knew for a few months compared to them basically growing up together. It hurt the teen and even if he suffered, he refused to talk about his feelings with the boy.

And so he ended up bottling up everything inside of him, not letting it slip and refusing to talk. Even Puffy couldn't help him to open up, when they talked. Nobody could.

It's been several weeks ever since the nightmare in prison and the disc lover has been mentally exhausted more than ever. Every little thing made him jump or made him irritated, which would result in immediate snapping. And unfortunately, today has been the same.

Walking around the community buried in snow, Tommy tried to take his mind off of things. Trying not to think about the fact that Wilbur could be resurrected any day now and help Dream escape, or the fact he ended up alone.. Just like the manipulative bastard said he would, if he dared to leave Logstedshire. Even Technoblade said it. But back then, the teen was too naive to listen and still chose his best friend instead of somebody who actually cared and was willing to help him.

In the eyes of the Brit, he's been completely alone now in this world, when he needed help the most. He couldn't see that people still cared. Especially his best friend. 

If he thought about it, if he did care, why would he replace him with Ranboo? And why would he start a family with him? And why would they platonically marry each other if he truly cared? Right? 

...

Yeah, that must've been it.

Tubbo moved on from their friendship. He didn't need the younger one anymore.

As he walked around, buried in the thoughts about everything, the blond suddenly bumped into somebody, which then caused him to fall back into the snow.

"Oi! Fucking watch it-!" Looking up, two people were standing in front of the teen, turning around as soon as he crashed into the taller one.

"...Oh. Hey Tubbo, Ranboo.." Standing up quickly, he looked to the side, not being able to look at the two.

"..Hey, are you.. Are you okay Tommy? You look like-"

"You look like shit."

"Tubbo please--"

Chattering again, every sound around made Tommy irritated and the fact he met the two people he didn't want to see today just worsened everything. An unexplainable anger began to build up inside, every emotion threatening to spill out of the jar he's been so desperately trying to hide them in. 

And eventually. He snapped.

"Shut the fuck up, would you!"

Rubbing his eyes, he tried to contain the unexpected burst of anger that just happened. Wishing the hybrids would leave so nothing bad would happen was basically useless.

"Tommy are you really okay though-"

"Oh yeah Ranboo, I am absolutely fine! After being locked up with that green bastard, dying, being revived AND losing my best friend, I surely am bloody fine!" The second sentence confused the two. Looking at Tommy, the ram hybrid spoke up.

"Tommy but- But you didn't lose me, what are you on about?"

"Don't act like you suddenly care, Tubbo. I know you don't. Nobody does anymore actually! If you cared you wouldn't replace me with Ranboo!" Tommy's been overwhelmed with the emotions he tried so hard to keep inside. And he couldn't stop them from escaping.

"What?? I did not replace you, what are you saying?? Ranboo helped me through things you didn't! He was there for me when I needed somebody, he was there when Sam told us you bloody died!" The three of the teens knew this day won't just pass by without an argument. 

"You did! Everywhere you go it's with him! You- You are even fucking married?? You clearly don't need me anymore!"

"Are you implying I can't have other friends or what?? I am not just friends with you Tommy, open your goddamn eyes! Sure, we used to be super close and now we've grown apart, but that happens! We are still friends, so stop being so fucking dramatic!"

Silence fell between the teens.

The blond stared at the ground, focusing on not crying. Tubbo was right, he was being way too dramatic, wasn't he? "I have to go."

Before the platonically married duo could say anything, the young guy ran away.

Sighing, the ram hybrid rubbed his eyes together. "God fucking damn it.."

"Are you okay, Tubbo?" The tall teen looked worried for his best friend, looking down at him.

"Yeah.. Yeah, I will be.. Sorry you had to see that."

Without any words, the enderman hybrid hugged the ram, rubbing circles into his back. "He'll come around, don't worry."

Instead of pulling away, the brunet relaxed into the hug, eventually returning it. "Yeah, I know he will.. It just sucks, you know? I feel like I was being way too harsh."

"I don't think you were. Sometimes people need to hear things they don't want to, even if it's like this. Somebody had to tell Tommy sooner or later. So don't worry about it."

A hum in response, the two stayed in the hug for a little longer. Then the shorter one pulled away, while Ranboo tried to think of a distraction, that would help. "Hey, wanna go see Michael together?"

Nodding, Tubbo slightly smiled. "I would love to, actually."

Writer's note:
Something about the bench trio :D (i think that's how twitter calls those three?? I hope??)
I have another thing in drafts, but  I honestly have no idea if I'll even finish it, we'll see. Maybe I will disappear for a month again, who knows-