CHAPTER 2(12) : A PART DEAD

WARNING:  mention and use  of abuse

As soon as the Harley girl stepped out of the fire place, she saw something that shocked her. Her mother, father and Rictum stood there, the latter with sympathy in his eyes.

'This is it! I am going to die tonight!' she panicked to herself.

"Where were you?" her mother asked in a dangerously low voice.

Hiya didn't know what to say so she stood there.

Her mother stood up and tuned to Rictum,

"Take her to my room." Turning to face her, she said, "she needs to be taught a lesson."

Thousand of thoughts went through Hiya's head while Rictum took him to room. Would she beat her or maybe torture her? Hiya wasn't sure, but one thing that she knew was that she was going to regret going to the Potters.

When they reached the room, Rictum looked at her in the eyes and said, "Good luck."

If Rictum wished her good luck, something was definitely wrong.

Soon her mother entered the room along with her father, closing the door behind.

She pointed her wand at Hiya and spoke,

"VERITAS!"

As the white light passed through Hiya, she didn't feel anything. It was almost as if her mother had used the wrong spell.

"Where were you?" her father asked, taking a seat next to her mother.

"I was at the potters." She blurted. She covered her mother with her hands. It splurged out without her trying. Then it hit her, her mother used the truth speaking spell on her.

Ashley looked beyond furious.

"How dare you!" she raised her wand only to be stopped by a wave of her father's hand.

"If given a chance, would you do that again?"

She wanted to scream no, but a fumble 'yes' came out.

"Enough!" her mother screamed, now losing her cool. "I am disgusted in you! Not only you befriend bold-traitors, but also befriend them! You will be punished!"

This time her father didn't stop her.

She raised her wand and casted "Praitexo!" There was a shield of neon green light, bubbling around them.

Then she raised her wand again. "CRUCIO!"

At that moment, Hiya wanted to die. The pain was unbearable. It was if thousands of red ants biting her whole body. Hiya screamed in agony. She would have preferred death over this painful punishment. If asked she would chose getting pierced by hundreds of hot swords or the curse, her choice would be without a doubt, not the latter.

 Her mother didn't stop for a whole of  five minutes. She was rendered the gift of unconsciousness within two minutes, but that didn't stop her mother. She did not let the unconscious body of the girl ease.

Felix burst into the room. He knew that their parents were going to punish her, but soon after her screaming stopped and they didn't come out, he got scared.

What he saw made him curse in multiple languages. His little baby sister on the floor, mother torturing her.

"STOP!" he screamed at his parents.

"Stop or she'll die!"

When did not stop, he decided to take matters in his own hands. She pushed himself forward and snatched his mother's wand.

The mother could not be angry at her boys so she just eyed him, snatching her wand back and left the room, soon followed by her father.

As soon as they left, Rictum came into the room. He knelt down besides her, placing his left hand under her neck and right under her knees and picked her up.

"Write a letter to the Potters and tell them that she has reached and is alright. Tell that mother didn't know that she was out. "he spoke to Felix, the latter just nodded.

Rictum took Hiya to her room where he placed her on the bed. It was odd for him to see his always laughing sister, on a bed, unconscious. He went to the potions room in the manor and brewed the healing potion for her.

When he came back, Felix was already there, massaging Hiya's legs and arms, trying to release some pain. He poured the potion into I drinking vial and poured it into her mouth, resulting in a coughing sprint.

"She could have died today." Felix said in a whisper like voice.

"You should be happy she didn't. Everyone knows that mother and Euphemia never see eye to eye. I am shocked she didn't ground her."

Felix just nodded, too tired to ask why.

That night the Harley kids stayed together, slept together and a part of them died together.

A/N: I love writing drama, even though I suck at it.

How was the chapter? Do you like it?

Please comment and vote, and let me know if you have any questions.

Love

Shraddha