CHAPTER 5: HOWLER SCRIMMAGE

The first days, which happened to a Thursday, was probably the most exciting day of Hogwarts. Hiya woke up at five thirty in the morning, as the classes started at seven thirty, giving her two hours to prepare.

She went to the loo, to take a bath. The hot water washed her body, washing all the trepidation she felt, filling her with assurance that everything was going to be okay.

She came out of the bathroom wearing her normal cloths as she had a lot of time before her classes. She walked back to the dorm, just to find lily awake.

"Good morning!" Hiya said gaily.

"Good morning" she replied, her voice still groggy from sleep.

"Excited?"Lily asked as she saw Hiya awake so early.

"More like nervous, but yeah" she shrugged.

"Where were you and Mary last night?" the ginger asked, walking up from the bed.

"Oh, we were in the common room with the boys. I wanted to ask you to join us, but you and Marlene were busy discussing about how toilet papers are just not of the correct quality or something so I thought it was better than to disturb."

Lily Evans was never more embarrassed than that moment in her life and her cheeks flushed a very deep red colour. Hiya who noticed this, tried to make her feel better, but failing very badly.

"Um, but I think it's still better. Mary and I were discussing how our dream bathrooms look"

"I think you should get, ready by the way!" Hiya informed her to which she nodded.

"Oh yeah!" the redhead chuckled nervously.

.....................................................

Hiya had practically skipped into the boys' dormitory only to find everyone asleep except Remus.

"Good morning!" she sang happily.

"Morning!" he replied mocking her vehement.

"Rude!" she replicated a sneer, and in a split seconds both burst out laughing.

"Why are they unconscious?" she asked him, nodding towards the three hedgehogs who were currently hibernating.

"Firstly, it's called sleeping", Hiya rolled her eyes. "And it's only six thirty."

"A lot of people are already awake" she retaliated.

"Yeah, but they were discussing their first pranks", explained Remus, "resulting in them sleeping at three in morning."

"Hmm, but we should wake them shouldn't we?" she asked Remus. She didn't want them to get late on the very first day.

"Aye aye captain" he forged a salute which made Hiya snicker.

They both peeked at each other and then picked a bucket of water from the bathroom and threw it on them.

James and Sirius both woke up with a start and Peter woke up because of their shrieks.

"Ahhh!" James cried.

"Honest woman?" Sirius asked Hiya who shrugged.

"I did my wanting 2 hours of it. In the common room!" Hiya cried dramatically.

"Now wake up and meet me in the common room!"she ordered and turned around to leave the dorm, but saw Sirius lean back on the bed, and yelled,

"Now!"

As soon as she yelled, both James and Sirius rushed to the bathroom soon followed by a sleepy Peter.

............................................................

As soon as the group of friends (Hiya, Sirius, James, peter and Remus) entered the great hall and eating when McGonagall came and give them their timetable.

"The first years will be following the same time table as their mates in the respective houses" professor McGonagall said.

Hiya glanced at her cloak, it was 7:20 and they had DADA with slytherin.

"Come on we'll be late!", but as soon as the group was about to leave the great hall, the owls came and started to deliver letters. But fate decided to punch both punch Hiya and Sirius in their guts, and both of got themselves howlers.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK THE THIRD! YOU LANDED YOURSELF IN GRYFFINDOR. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT YOU MADE FRIENDS WITH BLOOD TRAITORS LIKE POTTER AND ALSO MUD BLOODS! BELLATRIX TOLD ME EVERYTHING! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOU NEED SORT OUT YOUR PRIORITIES OR YOU MAY REGRET YOUR CHOICES!"

The howler and Sirius' ego burnt into ashes.

But Hiya's howler was next level.

"HIYA PHOENIX HARLEY! YOU KOTZBROCKEN, HOW DARE YOU! YOU'RE NOTHING, NOTHING. YOU UNDERSTAND JUST AN ARSCHKRIECHER, A CHURL. WE WERE THINKING TO GIFT A NEW BROOM SO THAT YOU COULD PLAY ON THE SLYTHERIN TEAM NEXT YEAR, BUT YOU ARE SULIT. YOU ARE A MOROSIS. WE ARE ENIGMATICED. YOU GIRL ARE SUCH AN INCIPIENCE, A LACK LUSTER KID. SOON YOUR KALPSIA OF GRYFFINDOR WILL BREAK AND YOU WILL COME RUNNING TO US."

The howler burnt down.

Everyone turned to the girl, whom they expected to be traumatized, but as soon as the as better burnt, she burst into laughter including the great hall.

"All I could understand was 'Hiya phoenix Harley'!" she howled with laughter including the great hall.

All her friends admitted the girls' optimism towards the whole situations, but only Sirius could see that even though she was laughing, the latter did cause her a slinging pain in her heart just like him.