"Trained?!" Naruto exclaimed. "All you did was perv on girls while I practiced how to summon ungrateful frogs!"

"Exactly," Jiraya crossed his arms. "You should be thankful for me teaching you how to summon ungrateful frogs,"

While Naruto seethed in rage, I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Look, I came here to give you a preposition, kid," Jiraiya said, changing his tone to a more serious one. "And before you ask, no you can't refuse to come along,"

I rose an eyebrow, but then Jiraiya's next sentence made me shake my head.

"The purpose of this is...well..." He grinned. "You can properly guess,"

We all knew what that meant. 

"What? No way!" Naruto refused. "How come I get stuck tagging along with you while you do your 'research' for another one of your pervy books?!"

Jiraiya's smirk grew wider. "Look kid, this isn't just another research trip," He held up a finger. "There's a woman I have to find. A very remarkable woman."

"Oh, please, Jiraiya," I snorted. "We've all heard that one before."

He looked at me. "I don't even know what you're talking about,"

I smirked at him. "You don't remember my training? And the nickname I gave you?"

He gave me a look as if he was telling me "don't start."

"What was the nickname?" Naruto asked. 

"Perverted-Sensei," I snickered at him. 

Naruto started laughing. "I call him Pervy-Sage!"

"That's fitting too," I laughed with him. "When he trained me, a woman slapped him for being a creep,"

Jiraiya looked annoyed as Naruto laughed at that. 

"Anyway, count me out old man," Naruto said. "I don't have time to help you find a girlfriend! I've gotta get busy with training,"

"What training?" Jiraiya asked him.

"It's time Kakashi-Sensei taught me something new, like that Chidori thing," Naruto replied, not hiding his jealousy very well.

"I see," Jiraiya replied, starting to smirk. "You'd just be wasting your time. Chidori's not really your style and besides that kid, the woman we're looking for is beautiful. I mean gorgeous!"

"Like I care." Naruto snorted. "Look, Pervy Sage, who do you think you're talking to? I'm not some dumb kid you can fool with lame excuses. I'm not going!"

Jiraiya shrugged and turned around. "Okay, fine, suit yourself,"

"And I could've taught you jutsus that make Chidori look like child's play. Maybe I'll just see if Sasuke wants to go," Jiraiya said as he started leaving the ramen stand.

I instantly knew what he was getting at now, but that still doesn't give me any context for the "gorgeous woman" part. Although, it's Jiraiya. That's enough context.

That caught Naruto's attention instantly. 

"Right! So when do we leave?" Naruto asked, not waiting for an answer. "I'll go pack my bag, stay right there Pervy Sage! I'll be right back! Don't move!"

He took off so quickly, that he looked like an orange blur moving past me. 

Jiraiya took the seat next to me. "What a knucklehead, still you can't help liking him,"

I smiled. "He's already grown on you, hasn't he?"

Jiraiya nodded. "I'm sure you know what jutsu I have in mind for him,"