Chapter 2- School Shit

"Please just leave me alone," I saw, quietly to not draw attention.

"But that's no fun, is it?," she laughs at me.

"I don't want to cause trouble, please just go," I say, my body shaking with fear.

"Oh shut up," Kenzie says, shoving me into the lockers. The gesture reminds me of when my mother pushed me into the wall after coming home drunk.

Shit, that hurt

"Hey," a deep voice shouts across the hall at Kenzie.

"Oh hey Jaxie, I was just helping her up," Kenzie says, practically dragging me from the floor.

I roll my eyes at the blatant lie.

"Let go of her," he says in a stern and clear voice. No, it can't be...

Ugh, it's Jaxon Wood. He's what I call the "popular jock" of high school. He's got all the little girls wrapped around his finger. Well, all of them except me. I know better than to mess around with those types of people. They make you fall in love with them and then leave you to the dirt.

I'm not falling into that trap.

"And why should I Jaxie? You know how these people are..." Kenzie says with a venomous tone.

Her and Jaxon both have money so Kenzie is convinced that she's better than me. I disagree. Having money doesn't make her any less of a bitch.

While Kanzie and her squad are distracted, I make a bee-line to my class. I see my teacher there and head to my favorite section, the back of the classroom. I'm about 5 minutes early so I get my books prepared as the other students file in the classroom. I thought I was safe from those popular jerks until I saw him.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" Jaxon says. I look around to see if there are any other seats, but they're all filled. Ugh, I'm not in the mood to deal with this shit today.

"No it's not," I say, reluctantly. This is going to be a long class.