9: 𝐵𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑒𝑠

Sunghoon's pov

'Those eyes... Jake's eyes..... Why do I feel so guilty? I've been ignoring him for a good reason! Obviously he doesn't want me the way I want him, so why shouldn't I fight the feeling?' I stood still staring at the Australian boy standing few feet away from me.

I slowly shifted my direction and walked straight past Jake and his tall friend without sparing another glance at them.
.
.
.
"Jay, I feel bad." I pouted.

"The heck you pouting for? I'm not the one who told you to try and fight the feeling." Jay rolled his eyes and continued looking at his phone.

I sat next to him on his bed, purposely sighing loud so he could get annoyed.

"Stop it." Jay glared at me.

"Why should I? It's nice seeing you annoyed. I bet if Jungwon was here-"

"Don't bring him up." Jay glared at me even more.

"One sided love is getting to ya?" I chuckled.

"As if you're not also struggling with one sided love idiot." Jay rolled his eyes.

"Bold of you to call someone smarter with better grades than you an idiot." I stuck my tongue out at Jay, teasing him.

"Just for that i'm not inviting you to the hangout." Jay dramatically turned his head away from me.

"What hangout?" My expression turned from playful to disappointed that I was never informed about a hangout.

"Don't worry about it, just know that it's something for Jake." Jay said without looking at me.

I heaved a sigh. I stuck my hand inside my pocket and took out a card. I tapped Jay on the shoulder and gave all seven of the cards to him.

"Not that I think everyone will come, but you and the other guys are invited to come see me at the first round of the ice skating competition." I gave a short bitter smile.

"Oh thanks bro, but who's the seventh one for?" Jay looked at me confused.

"If Jake wants to come... He can bring that tall kid with him." I smiled with pure sadness written all over it.

"His name is Daniel." Jay chuckled.

"Oh.. well if Jake wants, he can invite... Daniel." I smiled shortly.

"Okay then." Jay grinned.

"I'll be out now, bye...." I stood up from Jay's bed and headed for the door.

"Let me walk you out, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't?" Jay giggled and walked me out of his place.
.
.
.
Instead of going straight home, I went to the ice skating rink. Nobody was there, it was just me in pure silence. That's just how I like it.

My mind traveled to the thought of me and Jake's first and last date. I felt myself smiling at the thought.

"Why is love so hard? Once you start loving someone, you have to be prepared to lose them." I spoke out loud thinking I was by myself.