Ch 22: Futakuchi vs (L/N)

Start from the beginning

"Look, I know it's not easy for you to take orders from us peasant commoners, but I'm here to win, if you don't mind," Tsukki bit back.

"What?!" Kageyama shouted, and you quickly stepped in between them, your arms out to either side.

"Hey!  Same team, dumbasses!" You snapped, glaring up at the two giants in annoyance.  You pushed Tsukki back to his position and shoved Kageyama towards his spot as well before finally settling into your own place on the court just as the whistle blew.

And Hinata served a ball into the net.  Yup, that was just about par for the course.

Another serve over, and Kageyama immediately sent the ball to Tsukki for a quick, causing a grin to stretch over your face.  For as much crap as the setter gave him, he still knew how effective he was and realized the correct times to use him -- for instance, right after they'd had a very obvious argument on the court.

The set continued to drag on, the score remaining unchanged for the most part.  Finally, you rotated back to the front row, stretching your neck and arms slightly as you prepared for the incoming serve.

Date Tech's brunette hit one back over at your team, and you frowned slightly.  They weren't sending quite as many balls to your side of the net anymore.  Had they realized that you were reading them?  Or were they just noticing that you kept setting blocks up against them?  Either way, you weren't exactly happy about not being able to set up any blocks against their left quicks.

A net ball and over was just barely saved by Noya.  Which meant now was the perfect time for a quick attack they won't be expecting.  Again, a split second, and the ball was hitting the ground.

Immediately, Date Tech called a time out.  You held back a snicker as you watched their team huddle.  There was no doubt they'd be starting to mark Hinata instead of the sets, which would open the door for you to send over as many attacks as you wanted.  You really loved having a talented decoy on your team.

After a few more points, the effect of Hinata's presence on the court was starting to make itself known as Asahi was finally able to send over a spike without a single blocker in the way.  Your chest swelled, and you screamed in excitement before tackling the tall, man-bun wearing boy.  "Asahi-senpai, you're so cool!" You screamed, hanging off his neck as you laughed excitedly.  Asahi chuckled, and Daichi plucked you away from him.  You grinned up at the two.  "Hey, let's go have some fun, ok?" You asked.  They both blinked in shock before breaking out into grins of their own and agreeing, Daichi even going so far as to pat your head fondly.

As you all took your positions again, you stretched out your cold muscles.  You were officially starting to get impatient now.  You hadn't been able to send a hit of your own over in quite a while.  You were more than happy to take those points, of course, but your hand felt empty without the weight of the ball.  You sent a sharp glare Kageyama's way, making your restlessness more than clear.

Just as you had hoped for, the next set came your way, and your eyes lit up with a hunger to hit that you hadn't felt in quite a while.  There was hardly even half a block set up, and you easily slammed the ball down so that it bounced right in the corner of the court, a wide scuff mark left in its wake.  The moment you landed, you started cheering.  You did what you had to in order to score points, and because of your short stature, often times that meant you ended up dodging blocks in mid-air, rather than slamming the ball down at full force.  Man, did it feel good to let loose once in a while, though.

Date Tech's heads snapped over to stare at the scuff mark that had appeared on their side of the court.  It was barely even a centimeter away from either line.  Had you been holding back this entire time?