Ch 14: Training Camp Begins

You raced out of your house, huffing softly as you ran down the street and towards the high school. It was officially the week of the training camp. In other words, this would probably be one of your most stressful weeks yet since you had joined the boys' volleyball club. Sleeping and bathing with the team meant you would have to be on your guard 24/7 to make sure they wouldn't find out about your secret. It was worrisome, to say the least. Still, you were unbelievably excited for the upcoming week, a large part of which was due to the practice match that had been organized.

You rushed through the halls of the high school excitedly, unable to keep the grin off your face before skidding to a stop at your classroom door and hopping over to your desk.

"Well, aren't you just annoyingly cheerful this morning?" Tsukki rolled his eyes at you.

"Not everyone can be grumpy all the time, Shittyshima," you just smirked back at him, sitting down in your seat happily and turning away from the annoyed boy.

"Morning, (L/N)-kun!" One of the girls in your class joined you at your desk.

"Oh, hey, Karuizawa-chan," you smiled up at her. "What's up?" Tsukki immediately scoffed and rolled his eyes again, looking away from the scene in front of him.

"Could you go over the quiz we just got back with me, please? I'm super confused," the girl blushed a bit, glancing away. You nodded kindly and started explaining the correct answers to each of the questions and how to get there.

"Why do they always ask him?" Tsukki grumbled to himself.

"Because he's at the top of our class?" Tadashi tilted his head up at Tsukki in confusion. "He's been getting the best grades in the class since our first day." Tsukki clicked his tongue in frustration. Tadashi smirked and leaned in closer. "Why, are you jealous of all the attention he's getting?"

"Of course not," Tsukki scoffed, turning away from his fellow first year. Tadashi just snickered at his friend's obvious dislike of how easily you were able to get people to like you. Your ability to just draw people into you like it was nothing was really impressive, and it was pretty clear that the taller boy wasn't a fan. Whether he was annoyed at the attention you stole or the fact that he had to share the first friend he'd made since Tadashi, though, he wasn't quite sure.

From the time the first bell rang to the end of your last class, you were completely restless as you prayed for the minutes to move faster so you could just leave the class already. By the time the last bell finally rang, you seemed as though you were about to burst from all the pent up energy. You jumped out of your seat and lunged forward, but before you could run out, Tsukki had grabbed you by the collar and yanked you back.

"H-hey!" You yelped, choking on the fabric cutting into your neck.

"Don't run," Tsukki rolled his eyes yet again. "You'll manage to hurt yourself."

"Aww, Shittyshima, you care about me!" You drawled, jokingly batting your eyelashes up at him.

"Yeah, right," Tsukki turned away, though he still kept a firm grip on your collar. "I'm just making sure you can't get out of the training camp. There's no way I'm going to spend a whole week with those two morons while you get to relax at home."

"Mmhmm," you hummed sarcastically. "Well, since you wanna keep me from getting injured so bad, you can just carry me to the gym!"

"Absolutely not."

"Absolutely yes!" You jumped straight up and onto Tsukki's back, wrapping your arms around his neck and your legs around his waist. Tsukki reacted out of reflex and caught your legs in his hands, though he hated that he did.