chapter eighty-three

Start from the beginning

"I don't really know," Eunha trailed off, her voice becoming distant. "Usually you're like this upbeat and blunt person but ever since we've left you've been kinda quiet."

Renjun nodded, "just feeling a bit tired, I guess. It's not really anything to worry about."

Eunha hummed, keeping her eyes forward. Silence took over all of them as they continued walking, keeping watchful eyes of their surroundings.

"Eunha, there's someone nearby, hide!"

Eunha's eyes widened at Minsoo's scared voice, immediately pushing Renjun to the side and the others after him.

"What's going on?" Chenle asked, he and the others channeling their demon sides as they switched their eyes colors.

Jisung shushed his friend, holding his arms protectively over both Areum and Chenle as they stood against the tree. "I heard something. It sounds like a radio. Everyone stay extremely quiet."

A minute passed before Minsoo came back to Eunha's side, "they're leaving now, it should be safe to come out now."

The seven kids released the breaths they were holding, their eyes flashing back to their human form.

Jaemin sighed, his eyes once again turning into a sparkling blue color, "I can see Hyeji and Donghyuck. They aren't too far, looks like they're coming back now."

Over the time they had spent at the facility, Jaemin was one of them that had learned new ways to control his power. By now he was mentally extremely powerful.

He had picked up a few tricks, including the ability to read minds and, with a strong enough connection, see where someone was even if they weren't together.

When they left he was working on the ability to telepathically communicate with others. He could do it to some extent with the others he had spent time with at Neo House but he was still having trouble communicating with the three younger kids and anyone he wasn't close with.

The group stopped walking when they saw Hyeji and Donghyuck above. The two made their presence known before flying the forests to the sides.

Eunha spotted up from the group, covering her eyes as she navigated herself to Hyeji by the sound of her voice. Jaemin did the same for Donghyuck.

When everyone returned together, the two were quickly questioned on what they had seen. "So what's the status?"

Donghyuck ruffled the hair on top of his head, using his other hand to point into this distance. "There's a city-"

Jisung quickly stepped in front of the boy, using a hand to cover his mouth. Donghyuck was about to smack him away when he noticed the younger boy's eyes turn pink.

After a few seconds, Jisung took his hand off of Donghyuck and began walking around the trees. The others watched as he kept his eyes on a particular tree, picking up on something.

"There's a voice camera in this tree. Those people weren't just looking for us, they were placing audio cameras around to try and find us.

Areum looked over at the boy, "can't you just take them out?"

Jisung shrugged, "I don't know how far they go out or where they are. I can barely manage to hear their sound signal."

"There were a few people, they went about ten more miles ahead of here."

Eunha nodded, turning away from Minsoo and towards Jisung. "Minsoo said the cameras were placed all the way about ten miles ahead. Do you think you could cover it?"

Jisung's shoulders slumped, "probably not without shapeshifting. Areum, will you take my shirt?"

The black-haired girl looked at Jisung with confusion, "you haven't been able to practice your shapeshifting more than three times, are you sure you wanna do this?"

Jisung nodded, "if it means we can all get out of here safely then yes."

The youngest boy sighed, already knowing he'd be tired when he finished. The group looked forward as Jisung walked behind them, separating from everyone as he took off his shirt.

His eyes turned pink as he steadied his breath, beginning to calm down. He winced as he felt the wings in his back begin to come out, almost letting out a cry of pain.

After a minute, he fell to the ground, still unused to the irregular weight on his back. He took a second to stand up, taking in a few deep breaths before he let himself begin to rise.

Areum turned around when she heard Jisung had risen high enough, grabbing his shirt off the ground and dusting it off lightly.

Above her, Jisung had his arms held out wide to his sides, the areas around his eyes darkened to a black color as the color blended into his regular skin color.

He took a deep breath before smacking his arms together, a wave, only visible to a demon's eyes, was sent past the trees, shaking them slightly.

When he could no longer hear any beeping, he let himself fall back to the ground, inhaling as he retracted the wings.

"Alright I'm done, we can get going."

→ ♕

can't believe we're already on the last segment 💔

u guys finally get to see a bit more of them using their powers 💃🏽