All Comes Crashing

(Y/N) felt the cool damp grass at their feet as the sat outside, the morning wind making the trees sway and leaves rustle. They stared at the driveway waiting for their parents' car to drive up the driveway. (Y/N) knew they were only supposed to be gone for a few hours, but they were those people who lose track of time when they find something cool. Eventually, it started raining and they opened the door to go inside.

(Y/N) was met with the hallway of the hospital, doctors running down the hall as two stretchers are rushed into the ER "We're losing the pulse!" a faceless EMT shouted as they rounded the corner into emergency surgery. It felt almost as if (Y/N) was frozen in place, people appeared as if they walked through them. (Y/N) couldn't move or feel anything but a sense of dread filling them to the brim. 

"Where's mom and dad? What happened-" All their murmured questions were quickly interrupted as the scene changed again, it was clearly late at night as they stared at a screen while two fingers typed out a message '(Y/N), your parents both passed away in a car wreck a few hours ago. Your uncle is driving up now to help you pack and come live with us in Paris. I hope something here will give you something to look forward to even with all of this'

(Y/N)'s parents were fine, they were driving home from a get-together with friends. They were coming home with dinner and they said they had some major news to tell them when they got back. Who was typing this?

The scene changed again, they were back in their own body but staring at two graves. The world around them was dark except for the occasional flicker of lightning as the rain seeped into her clothes. "(M/N) and (F/N) (L/N)" was all (Y/N) could make out with the limited light.

"No, no, no, no," (Y/N) whimpered, curling into a ball in front of what was left of their parents, the flowers in her hands long-forgotten "Mom...dad..."

***

(Y/N)'s eyes whipped open as they flinched awake, not even noticing the warm tears streaming down their face or Luka's worried face looking down at them until he shook them again. "(Y/N), what happened?"

"Nightmare" was all (Y/N) could manage before burying their face in Luka's chest. (Y/N) felt his grip on them tighten as he rubbed their back through their choked sobs. 

Luka, of course, sat there clueless about what the dream was about. He kissed their forehead and tried to muffle how much seeing (Y/N) in pain was hurting him. He hated this. He loved holding them, and he would do this as long as they needed and then some. But it never occurred to him just how much (Y/N) had been pushing themselves since they met. (Y/N)'s parents had died not even two weeks ago when they dropped everything to be there for him at his concert. They stayed there smiling the whole time like nothing was wrong. Yeah, (Y/N) cried that night but it was nothing like this. That night it was happy reminiscing, now he has no idea how much they're hurting. It was all crashing down for (Y/N), they couldn't pretend anymore. 

What snapped Luka out of his thought bubble was (Y/N) starting to sit up and wipe their tears, their face red and their eyes puffy "I'm sorry, Luka. I don't know what came over me-"

That was enough for Luka to stop (Y/N) mid-sentence "If you're crying that bad, you know exactly what came over you. You can tell me as much of it as you want, but I'm gonna stay here even if we sit here not saying anything." He said, his voice low and gentle "I'm not letting you do this alone anymore." 

(Y/N) started tearing up, their voice shaky as they spoke "I had a dream about my parents- the night it happened and their graves. I thought I was managing fine- but I think it hurts even more. The first thing I thought when I woke up was 'I have to go wake up mom and dad' but," their voice broke as they took Luka's hand and squeezed it to try to calm down. Luka, being the angel he was, squeezed back as they paused "they aren't gonna wake up-"

Luka felt his heart break for (Y/N). Yeah, his dad was out of the picture but he didn't get attached and then lose him. He understood not having a dad but not the absolute horror it can be to parents you actually loved and relied on. He kissed (Y/N)'s hand as they curled up into a ball, hugging themselves just as tightly as he was hugging them. He slowly started rocking (Y/N), humming gently as they sobbed. 

(Y/N) smiled weakly, hitting his chest lightly as they tried to calm down "Sorry about ruining your hoodie,"

"If you think that's what I'm worried about, you're dead wrong." Luka whispered, bringing his face closer to theirs "I just want to be here for you."

(Y/N)'s face flushed, not even realizing how much they were looking at his lips. "Luka, you don't have to do this."

"I know, I don't have to do anything. That doesn't change the fact that right now all I can worry about is you. It doesn't change the fact that I'd go through all of that shit with Marinette a thousand times over if you could get them back." he said, his voice progressively filling with just genuine exhaustion and love at the same time, words falling out of his mouth faster than he can think them "It doesn't change that right now...all I want is to kiss you until it doesn't hurt anymore" he stated, running a hand through his hair and maintaining as much eye-contact as he could. 

He grimaced, realizing what he just said and forcing himself to stop talking, dreading (Y/N)'s inevitable rejection. 

"Do it, then," (Y/N) said, their voice just barely loud enough for his screaming mind to hear.

"What?"

"Kiss me" 

(A/N: Thank you guys so much for all of the support! 9k reads is insane! I've loved all the comments and loves this getting because it tells me this isn't some impulse project nobody is going to read. As always, I hope you guys have enjoyed)