Chapter 16

*********

Bria

Bri sat down waiting. She looked back at Shawn and Beyoncé seated on the other side of the room. She wanted to do this alone but not have them too far away. She sat at the metal table still waiting. She was a bit anxious but was trying to keep her chill.

She heard the cell door open and looked up. She looked at the man walking in. She started to get nervous. That was him, the man she thought was dead for as far back as she could remember, her father.

She stood as he walked closer. She clenched her jaw a bit to keep from crying. He walked closer until he was finally standing in front of her. She looked up at him.

Finally they hugged each other really tight. They let go and sat down and started to talk.

Shawn and Beyoncé sat to the side watching them. Beyoncé saw the genuine smile coming from each of them.

"So they treating you right?" Andre asked Bri after they sat down.

"Oh yeah, the best actually." She said smiling. 

"I talked to Shawn, they seem like a good fit." He said. "I'm sorry for leaving you."

Bri shrugged.

"I'm kind of just glad you're not dead." She said.

"I don't know why your mother would tell you that." He said.

Bri shook her head.

"When you went away everything just went bad. She stopped caring." Bri said. "What was y'all relationship like?"

"We had our good days and we had our bad." He said.

Bri nodded.

"I'm gonna talk to her next week." Bri said.

Andre nodded and just looked at his daughter.

"You are so beautiful." He said.

"Thank you." She said.

Shawn and Beyoncé kept watching from the side.

"She looks so happy." Beyoncé said smiling.

"She does." Shawn said.

Once Bri and Andre finished up their talk they promised to write and keep up on visits. Andre wanted to speak to Shawn and Beyoncé.

They walked over and sat down while Bri occupied their previous seats.

"Thank y'all for adopting my daughter." He said. "Who knows what would happen to her if the state got a hold of her."

"You're welcome." Beyoncé said.

"Okay," the guard said. "Visits over."

Andre stood up.

"Oh and Shawn." Andre said. "There's no more Brandon Parker. Well at least that's what I heard."

Shawn nodded and Beyoncé just sat there. She knew that was gonna be the outcome. No grown man would stand for their child being raped and the person that did it is still alive. A part Beyoncé felt no sympathy about it but soon she would have to tell Bryan his father is dead. 

They stood and left the prison.

"Thanks for setting this up." Bri said as they walked to the car.

"No problem." Shawn said. 

She smiled as they got in the car and drove to Ms. Tina's house to pick up Bryan. 

***********