Chapter 15

******

Shawn

Shawn sat in the visiting room waiting. He had scheduled a visit with Andre Daniels. He wanted to figure out exactly what was going on.

Andre walked in and he looked at Shawn not recognizing him. He figured he was a cop or something. He sat down across from him.

"Hey, I'm Shawn Carter. I'm a lawyer." Shawn said.

"Oh okay, but what did you want to see me for?" He asked.

"Well right now I'm the guardian of your thirteen year old daughter Bria and her little brother." Shawn said.

"Guardian? What happened to Bianca?" He asked.

"Bianca was arrested for child endangerment." Shawn said.

Andre shook his head.

"How's Bria though?" He asked.

"She's fine but I don't know if you are aware or not but Bria thinks that you're dead." Shawn said. 

"What?"

"Yeah, when I met her she said you were dead and I'm not sure if she made that up because you're in jail or if Bianca told her that." Shawn said.

"It sounds like some shit Bianca would say." Andre said shaking his head. "You said she got arrested for child endangerment. What happened?"

Shawn tried to figure out the best way to put this.

"Well, I don't know how to say this." Shawn started because he got mad just thinking about it. "Bria was rapped by Bianca's boyfriend."

Andre just sat there for a moment trying to wrap his brain around what was just said to him.

"Is she okay?" He asked.

"Yes, she's fine. She's healthy and everything." Shawn said.

"Did they get him?" Andre asked biting his lip.

"Yeah." Shawn said.

Andre nodded and then sighed. He looked at Shawn.

"So how did you know Bria?" 

"I was her basketball coach for a little bit and my wife is her teacher." Shawn said.

Andre nodded. 

"I haven't seen that little girl since she was four." He said.

Shawn pulled out his phone and showed him a picture.

"Wow, she's beautiful." Andre said.

Shawn nodded.

"I don't know why Bianca would do some shit like that." He said. "So you and your wife are in the process of adopting my daughter." 

"Yeah." Shawn said nodding.

Andre nodded.

"I'm glad." He said. "Her mother, I should've known."

"You could've never predicted this outcome." Shawn said. "But my question is do you want to see her?"

"You'd bring her up here?" Andre asked.

"Yeah." Shawn said.

Andre smiled.

"Only if she wants to see me though." Andre said. "I don't want to force her."

"Fair enough." Shawn said and stood up.

They shook hands and Shawn was on his way.

"Aye, by the way. What was that guys name?" Andre asked.