70. Best Left Unsaid

Start bij het begin

"As usual."

"Cheeky," she comments, throwing her head back in a laugh when he nuzzles her neck, kissing and nipping at it.

A/N: I need this type of relationship. Minus the adultery. Also... imagine being able to be carried by people. Lmao ya girl's heavy enough to cause someone major spinal damage or sum similar shit

"Again, as usual," he retorts. "And in answer to your question: it is a wonderful day indeed. I had a perfect day at work, not a single thing went wrong. This government is flourishing, and I'm proud to say I had no small part to do with that. And I got to come home to my heavenly wife and wonderful children."

Y/N leans forward again, kissing him happily.

Alexander still doesn't put her down, even as the kiss grows deeper.

Instead, he carefully makes his way to their bedroom, intent on making this magnificent day even better.

》》》》》》

Y/N flutters her fan, forcing herself not to grumble at the stupidity of the stupid secret language of the handheld accessory that she never bothered to learn.

Strangely enough, her father seemed to know quite a bit about it.

She had been standing on the side of the dance floor for a while, praying that the merciful God above would realize just how badly her feet were hurting after a couple of hours of being at the ball.

No. No, God does not realize.

It's dance after dance, with only a few shared by people she knew. All these people knew her.

It hardly seemed fair.

Alexander had also been dancing, particularily with the Schuyler sisters, Angelica, Elizabeth, and Margarita. (Y/N had completely avoided Betsey Schuyler - van Rensselaer now - though she seemed to harbor no ill will to either of the Hamiltons.)

A/N: So I searched and searched and searched and found someone pretty suitable. Killian Killian (yes twice) van Rensselaer. He was about 6-7 years Betsey's junior but was by far a good match due to the family he came from. He also served in Congress and was a Federalist.

Y/N finally manages to sit down after a dance to rest her feet.

A few more dances pass, and she entertains herself with a glass of champagne.

The music slows to a familiar tempo and she looks up to see her father leading a woman onto the floor.

"May I?" she hears and turns to see her dashing husband, slightly bowed with a small smirk.

She takes his hand, and stands, ignoring the ache in her feet and legs.

So many dances.

Y/N lets Alexander lead her through the minuet, just as her father does with a woman that Y/N can't seem to recognize.

They dance around each other and Y/N asks, "Have you spoken to my father?"

"Yes. Though, he's not quite social tonight."

"To be expected. He dislikes the attention," she murmurs.

The dance ends, and her husband leads her to the punchbowl.

He serves her a glass, holding it out.

"Trying to get me drunk, Colonel?"

He laughs softly when she says, "How absolutely shameless."