Chapter 14

I awoke with my phone going off at 2:30 with a text from hawk.

Hawk: are you up?

Kenzie: now I am.

Hawk: oh, sorry did I wake you?

Kenzie: no you're fine. What's up?

Hawk: I can't sleep, can we go to the beach please?

Kenzie: sure. Be there in 10

Hawk: see you there princess;)
Read:2:41

I blushed slightly as the nickname. Now that Eli has this new found confidence he's just super super hot. He says all the right things, but I'm sad about it at the same time because every now and then he shows a hint of Eli.
Don't get me wrong I love how he has this much confidence after years of bullying but if I'm being honest I just hope he doesn't turn into an asshole.

I pulled my hair up in a messy bun, and went into the bathroom to change. I grabbed a ripped up Arctic monkeys t- shirt and slid my sweatpants on. Ever since the incident at the Halloween dance I had to be extra careful putting jeans or any type of pants on. Brucks was so aggressive that he damaged my thighs and pelvis making them sore to the touch. Sometimes my thighs hurt so bad I bawl my eyes out. As I pulled my sweats over my thighs I looked down at the scars covering them.

I'm always insecure of my scars, yes I know it's ironic considering I always tell hawk that he shouldn't be embarrassed of his lip, but my scars show a sign of weakness I once had, I don't want everybody knowing that I once wasn't the girl I am now. Karate has changed everything for me, I'm no longer the sad and weak girl I was, i mean I'm not saying that I don't have a soft spot anymore because I sure as hell do but what I'm saying is that karate has changed me for the better.

I made sure to bring an extra pair of clothes incase we go swimming or something like that. I quietly grabbed my keys and headed out the door making sure not to wake Miguel or my yaya up. Mom has been working early shifts lately so she left about like 15 mins ago.

I put the keys and my ignition and turned it starting my car up. I waited to turn the music on untill I got to hawk's. I absolutely love singing with him, and if I'm being honest his voice is absolutely amazing. I mean the raspiness in his voice mixed with how high he can actually go on notes his pure angelic, once I saw a guitar in his room but I've never asked him if he could play.

I myself can play the guitar fairly well as long as with the violin. I'm insecure about my singing though, I mean I've been told by Miguel my voice  is " awesome" but I truly think he's just saying that half the time to boost my ego.

Once I got to his house I texted him to let him know I was here.

Kenzie: I'm here love.
Read: 5:00Am

I looked up to the sight of his Mohawk down and his hair flowing. Jesus Christ can this man get any more beautiful?

He got in my passenger seat.

" why don't you ever let my drive?" He said with a fake sad voice as he buckled his seatbelt.

" once you get your license then we can talk about you driving MY car." I said back as I emphasized the word my. He rolled his eyes and muttered a fine making me let out a chuckle.

I connected my phone to the aux and pressed shuffle on my late night's w Eli playlist. Is it weird that I have a playlist for me and him?

The first song to come on was " cardigan" by Taylor Swift.