Chapter three

I woke up to the smell of fresh summer air and smiled to myself and got up. I pulled my dresser drawer out and rummaged looking for clothes I finally found a AC/DC crop top and put a pair of light ripped jeans on.
I walked to Miguel's room and opened his door quietly, I walked over to him while he was peacefully sleeping, I quickly jumped on his back waking him up in a shock and screaming " GOOD MORNING VIETNAM" which made Miguel laugh knowing that was one of my favorite movies of all time. Miguel pushed me off of him and got up and stretched " good morning kens" Miguel said as he helped me up off the floor.

As Miguel got ready for the day I walked in to the kitchen seeing yaya making some sort of pancakes but I didn't see mom " mamà se fue?" (Did mom leave?" I asked as she put the pancakes down infront of me " sí hacè como media hora" ( yes, about a half hour ago)
When me and Miguel finished up eating we went outside to check the mail and play basketball since Miguel wouldn't shut up about beating me yesterday I wanted a rematch.
As Miguel and I got done checking the mail we turned around only to be face to face with Johnny I jumped " Jesus Christ you scared the shit out of me" Johnny looked me and Miguel straight in the eyes and said " are you sure you guys are ready, cause once you go down this path there's no turning back" Miguel replied " you're gonna be our karate teacher" Johnny looked at me and Miguel before saying " no, I'm gonna be your sensei" me and Miguel formed a smirk across our face.

I'm gonna teach you the style of karate that was taught to me, a method of fighting your Pansy ass generation desperately needs. I'm not just gonna teach you how to conquer your fears I'm gonna teach you how to awaken the snake within you and once you do that you'll be the one whose feared you'll build strength, you'll learn discipline and when the time is right you'll strike back" he finished. By the time the speech was done Miguel's and I'd face we're already lit up. Your first lesson is today go get ready and meet me at the dojo, " wait where is it" I asked he turned around " where I beat those little punks up at"

Me and Miguel practically ran inside, I went to my room and got out a pair of jogging leggings and a kept the crop top on that I was already wearing when I got done I asked Miguel if he was ready and he said yes, so with that we headed off to my car. I looked over at Miguel how looked very happy " you seem very excited miggy" I said smiling at him " I am I mean we will be able to stand up for ourselves and kens I really want you to be okay because sometimes I won't always be there to tell girls or boys off that are making fun of you" he said in a soft tone. I looked at him " miggy, I'm sorry that you always had to do that for me I know I'm not the best sister and I dragged you into things that you shouldn't have been drug into I really didn't mean to I was just so scared all the time" I said keeping my eyes on the road.

Miguel looked at me with pity " Miguel you don't have to pity me just because I didn't have any friends last year and I got picked on" I said chuckling " but seriously I'm okay and I love you so much I just don't want to see you get hurt because of me anymore okay? So I'm doing this for me and you" As we pulled into the parking lot I reach over and gave my bother a hug before getting out and locking my car up . We walked into the dojo to see sensei Lawrence.
" take your shoes off and hop on the mat" he said look at us. We both did as told and stood infront of him, there was an awkward silence before Miguel tried to break it " so are we gonna get the karate pajamas to or- Miguel was cut off by Johnny " QUIET" making me and Miguel flinch " student only speaks when spoken to is that understood?" " yes" Miguel says as Johnny looks for something at the end of the yes, " yes sir?". You'll always address me as sensei is that understood? Me and Miguel both replied in syncs" yes sensei" " and these aren't pajamas this is a gi and you'll get one when you've earned it" Johnny stated.

The rest of training was basically just sensei beating up Miguel and telling him that asthma is " made up bullshit" and a inspector came in while me and Miguel did sit up's.

After training we got home around 9:30 because we had to stay late to help Johnny out with cleaning up the dojo. When we got home I took a shower and fell onto my bed and let out a loud sigh I didn't know I was holding in, I'm really nervous about school tomorrow I'm not very fond of it considering my past experiences but I was also excited to try and atleast make some new friends with Miguel if we can.

After I finished drying myself off I changed my clothes into a hoodie and a pair of sweats for some reason it gets really cold at night so I also have to dress heavy, I turned my light off and got in bed under the covers and started to doze off.