McCreary

Madis POV

Murphy and Emori started talking but I didn't really pay attention. I just looked at the cave. I thought I heard something but that most be my imagination. No one could survive that, right? Then I heard it again, louder this time.

  "Murphy"

Both Murphy and Emori seemed to hear it to 'cause they stopped talking. Then Murphy said;

  "That's McCreary." They ran to the opening of the cave and I followed them. When I came to the opening of the cave they were already standing over him and I could hear Murphy say;

  "I got it." Then Emori pressed to fingers again his throat, like they used to do to everyone in my village when they brought the dead people home after battle. She look up at Murphy and said;

  "We have a hostage" and Murphy smirked.

  The sun was already up. Murphy had tried to radio the eligus prisoners for at least four hours straight and I was getting a bit mad of his "testing, testing. This is John Murphy looking for Colonel Diyoza. Do you read me?" I could see Emori also getting irritated at this, even though she tried to hide it.

  "Well, it's safe to say you're better blowing things up than fixing them" Murphy said, giving Emori the radio. Just when he walked away the radio was making a weird sound, and then I could hear a voice through it. Emori looked up with a face mixed of chock and happiness. Murphy turned to the radio and I myself had a hard time keeping from laughing of happiness.

  "This is Colonel Diyoza. What do you want."
  When Murphy was about to answer Emori told him;

  "Be strong, direct, unrelenting."

  I stood up on my feet and walked over to them. I wanted to hear this.

  "We have McCreary" Murphy said. Well, you can't say he wasn't direct. "You ever want to see him alive again you give us Raven Reyes."

  Then there were just silence. It didn't last for more than a few seconds but it felt like hours, and my used to silence, to waiting.

  "You should have learned the last time you held my people hostage," finally she answered, "that I don't negotiate with terrorists." I didn't understand everything she said, but I understood the message. She didn't take the deal.

  "That's funny coming from you", Murphy answered. "Last chance, our hostage for yours." I already new the answer, and I think he did too.

  "My god have mercy on his soul", she finally said. I think that meant something like <<yu gonplei ste odon>> (your fight is over).

  Murphy looked at me and then at Emori. Emori gave out a loud sigh. In the corner of the cave we had McCreary chained. We were so sure we could trade Raven for McCreary, and now. I don't now what's so important with Raven, but during the short time I meet her I got the feeling that she was a good person.

  "That could have gone better", Emori said walking away. "Call me when he's awake. I need some air."

  "I'm coming too" I said, it might be the first thing I've said in English that haven't been practice. Emori sat on a stock cover in moss. I sat down beside her. For a moment we were quite until I broke the silence.

  "You know, you never make it on the fos tran. We will get mou chances. Nes gon we might succeed getting Raven au. We will jos have to kep in gonen. Here we used to say 'seken Tran ste bilaik best lukot'" First try, more, next time, out, just, keep fighting, second try is your best friend.

"You know what Madi?" Emori said. I shooed my head. "We got to work a bit on your English. Then we laughed. I was better at English but Trig was a lot easier.

We were outside for a while until we started hearing voices and the Murphy calling on us. For a while I had managed to keep all of this out, to wander around in the forest, learning some English. But now we would have to speak with McCreary. Not that I would speak so much, more like they're talking to him while I sit in so corner, listen to the conversation, and if I want to I might say a few words. We were on our way back when Murphy called on us again.

When we were at the opening of the cave I heard Murphy say "I'm listening".

I'm so sorry for not updating in so long. I don't have anything to blame it on other than that I'm bad at updating. I'll try to update sooner with the next chapter, should be pretty easy actually. Well, I hope you liked it and I'm sorry again.

April 12 2021