Why should I survive?

Madis POV
  I woke up from the pain of my burns. I didn't really want to wake up. Everyone I knew was dead. My parents. My friends. My people. Except me. Why was I the only survivor. Deep inside me I knew why. It was because of my blood.

  I went outside my house to search for food. I didn't want to eat, but I needed to do something. It was so quiet. In my village something always happened. Or something always used to happen. Now it was only me left. I might be the last human being in the world. Why me? Why was I supposed to survive.

  Out in the woods I found a dead bird and some discolored berries. I took the berries and the bird with me back to camp where I started a fire so I could cook the bird. I had seen the adults in my village do this after they had hunted.

  When I thought of the adult I remembered that they had talked about a bunker in Polis. I bunker that could hold 1200 people. That there would be a conclave where the winners clan would get the bunker. I thought it was a pretty dumb thing to do, make one person per clan fight to get the bunker, when they could just share it. I knew that my clan, Lowoda kliron kru, hadn't got the bunker, since my village had all died.

  Then I got an idea. What if I walked to Polis, and then got in the the bunker? None would be so cruel to deny a lonley child a place in the bunker. I didn't care which clan was inside, even if it were Skaikru.
I took the berries and the bird with me and started walk. When my people had to get to Polis, they always walk to the northeast, so that's the way I was walking too.

  At first everything looked just as normal, but then, after a had walked for some time, the trees died away and was replaced with desert. The sand was hard against my bare feet. At the horizon I could see a big sandstorm moving against me. I remembered the big fire that killed all my family and people (or that I thought killed them). I got scared and tried to hide, but realized that I had nothing to hide in. I decided to continue my walk to Polis, at least until the storm came closer.

  When the sun started go down I went to sleep. It was cold without my blanket that I have had since I was a month old. I looked up at the sky that was still kind of yellow, but there was one star I could see though all the 'clouds'. It was the star that my people had called 'Bekka Deimeika' Becca's sun. I thought it had something to do with Skaikru, because it had always been there until one day when it was gone.
Some time later I got to know that all Skaikru was on the ground. Now it was back. Just after the fire that ended the world had past. I remembered the story of praimfaya that ended the world 97 years ago. At that time there had been survivors. Now there might only be me. Why? Why me? It could have been anyone but it was me. I'm the one who survived. I survived Praimfaya II.

  When I woke up next day I continued my walk. After days of walking, when I started to lose hope, I saw it. I saw the tower defined Polis. The tower had fallen, but I could still see it. I was there. I wouldn't be alone anymore. Or at least I hoped I wouldn't be.

So, the second chapter is out. I hope it was okay, it was at least longer than the first chapter.
I'll try to post a chapter per day (but I know that sometimes take a week or a month until a post another chapter).
Please comment what you think. :)

17 January 2021