Chapter Thirteen: The Odds

Start from the beginning

I flinched a little at how loud he was being, a little dramatic if ask me.

"Well, then? Kurosaki, do you have anything to say about this?" He asked sternly,

Ichigo made a smug face, "Hm, looks a lot like me doesn't he."

"You moron! Every inch of him is you!" Kagine screamed, his forehead vein popping out angrily.

Tatsuki suddenly spoke up, "Kagaine sensei." she said sternly. "I understand you called us here because Kurosaki, Eita and Rukia appeared on TV. But I think there was no reason for you to call Orihime, and me here." Tatsuki explained sternly.

Ichigo stared at Tatsuki disbelief that she threw him under the bus like that.

"Because you guys were there with them." He explained angrily.

"Unintentionally!" Tatsuki defended. "We just happened to be there." She added.

"Lies! I invited Inoue and Arisawa!" Keigo defended.

"Please don't listen to him, he is prone to delusions." Tatsuki said bluntly. "For that reason, we're going back to the classroom. Let's go Orihime."

I sighed and looked at Tatsuki bemused. She was saving herself and Orihime. Technically I could save myself but I was there even if you can't see me. Tatsuki stuck her tongue at Ichigo as they made their way out of the room.

"I'm so sorry Kagine sensei." Rukia suddenly spoke up tearfully.

I stared at her weirdly. Where the heck did the tears come from?

"All of this is because I couldn't stop Kurosaki and Ei-Harada." She continued tearfully, pulling out a tissue out of nowhere.

I narrowed my eyes at Rukia. Since when are they on first name bases? Interesting. Eita has some explaining to do.

"I was the closet to Kurosaki and Harada when they jumped in." She sniffled regretfully.

I held back my laugh at Rukia's acting, this was totally unlike her. I noticed Ichigo, Eita and the rest of guys jumping out the window.

Suddenly Kagine sensei realized they were escaping and ran to the window yelling after them. I felt Rukia tug on my hand and we both ran out of there too. I laughed the whole way out as we tried to catch up with Orihime and Tatsuki.

"Hey Rukia, can I ask you something?" I asked seriously, slowing down to a walk.

"Yes?" she asked happily.

"Do you like Eita?" I asked teasingly.

"What what?!" she stuttered embarrassed.

"Do you like Eita?" I asked again.

"No, what would make you think that?" She asked flustered looking anywhere but at me.

"I dunno, you guys seem close and I could have sworn you almost called Eita by his first name." I teased even more, noticing the dark blush forming.

"What about you and Ichigo? Do you like him?" she countered flustered changing the subject.

I squeaked probably turned red just like her.

"I...I do." I whispered softly.

Rukia stared at me surprised. I smiled at her sadly.

"But I'm afraid nothing will happen between us. I don't think he likes me like that." I explained remembering back to our conversation from last night.

"I wouldn't be too sure." She mumbled catching up with Orihime and Tatsuki.

I stared at her back surprised. Watching them walk off. I was frozen in thought when suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder.