~Flashback ~ Age: 11~(3rd POV)~

"Ahh, it's so good to see you, Minoru," Touma welcomes Minoru Murata with a bow. Y/n stood a few feet behind them as their nerves continued to rise at a rapid speed.

"It's nice to see you as well, Touma," Minoru monotonously replied as he bowed back. He looks past Touma, his eyes scanning the room. Once he spotted Y/n, he immediately stopped as his face fell. "Is Himiari home?" he asks, his eyes not moving from Y/n's smaller form. Y/n only looks down at the floorboards, not knowing what to do.

Touma follows his friend's eyes, his face slightly falling once he saw the man staring at Y/n. "MY wife is out right now. She doesn't like hearing me play when she's home," he agitatedly tells Minoru, making the man take his eyes off Y/n. Y/n quietly breathes out a sigh of relief as the man walks into their apartment and takes off his shoes.

"If you call that playing..." Minoru mutters to himself, unheard to Touma and Y/n, as he walks towards Y/n. Y/n slightly flinches and takes a step away from him, not wanting this stranger to tower over them. "Is this your child?" he asks as Touma approaches from behind him.

"Yep! This is Y/n, my youngest child," Touma happily explains, completely switching his mood from what it was a few moments before. "My oldest is currently studying to become an English teacher," Touma proudly exclaims, not noticing Minoru's eyes back on Y/n.

'What is so interesting about me, dude? You're starting to act like Hisoka, except older and uglier,' Y/n angrily thinks as the man continues to look them up and down. Minoru quickly notices the book they held under their arm. As quickly as his eyes were on Y/n, he looked away once again.

"Seems like the good looks skipped a generation," Minoru bluntly said as he walked past Y/n and walked into the spare room. Both Y/n's and Touma's mouths hung open at the guest's words, not knowing what to do. Y/n's and Touma's shock quickly turns to anger as the older quickly walks up to Y/n and the younger starts to put up both their middle fingers.

"Ahahaha! Maybe put those away, kid," Touma awkwardly chuckles as he lightly pushes the smaller's finger's down. While Touma may have looked like he quickly calmed down, under the surface his blood was boiling. A burst of quiet laughter coming from Y/n's direction shakes him out of his anger as he becomes confused. "Why are you laughing? You do realize he just called you ugly?" Touma questions as Y/n laughter grow louder.

"Not only that, but he called you good-looking," Y/n laughed out, making Touma freeze.

'I think he was calling your mother good-looking' Touma thinks as he places a hand on their shoulder. 'But you don't need to know that your mother is a complete catch," he smiles as he walks towards the spare room. 'I have no idea why she chose me, but I count my blessings every day,' Touma thinks as Y/n calls out to him.

"So you're not gonna kick him out?" Y/n questions, making Touma turn around.

"Why? For speaking the truth?" Touma jokingly teases, making Y/n pout. He laughs for a second before speaking again. "I know he comes off as a bit aggressive, but I've known him since high school. Under all that grumpiness, he's a nice guy. I promise," Touma convinces Y/n as he motions them to join him in the spare room.

'I hate lying to them, but I really do need a teacher. Even if Minoru never took music after high school, he was in a band class. I was lucky enough to even get him to come here on one of his only days off,' Touma thinks as walks through the doorway and over towards the drums. Minoru stood in one corner of the room while Y/n sat in their corner of the room and read their book. 'I might know the reason for that though...'