Chapter 7

Y/n POV:

Beep! Beep! Be- I quickly turn off my alarm, already been awake for the past few minutes. Without hesitation, I get out of bed, get dressed in a large black hoodie and beige pants, and as soon as I'm done, I head to the bathroom.

Once I get it in, I quickly look myself over in the mirror. There was a bit of red near my eyes, but if you hadn't been looking for it, you wouldn't have seen it.

After I finish in the bathroom, I head to the kitchen, hoping that I wouldn't have to speak to either them first thing in the morning. I know what I did was wrong and I should have remained more level-headed. However, as I am not a morning person, my emotions are all up in the air, especially on a weekday.

When I approach the kitchen, I see no one is there. I breathe out a sigh of relief as I start to grab a bowl and fill it with cereal. I then pour in the milk and walk over to the table, placing the bowl on the table. I quickly wander to the kitchen, grab a spoon, and walk back, sitting my butt down in the chair. Shoving the food in my mouth hastily, I ate rather fast, wanting to take the train to school early today. I mean that's why I woke up earlier; I wanted a few moments to myself, knowing fewer people would be on it.

"Woah, calm down there, you might choke," I hear Hiroshi say behind me, but I don't turn to look at him. I continue eating rapidly, hoping to avoid any conversation about what happened last night. He walks up behind me and places a hand on my shoulder, making me turn my head to face him, already down my cereal.

"Please know, we never meant to make you upset," he started, "but if we keep holding on too tight, we may end up hurting yourself more than letting go," he tells me in a comforting voice, trying to soothe me. I look at his face, seeing nothing but seriousness.

Suddenly, I start laughing at him, confusing him.

"Pfftt... I'm sorry...hehehe...have you been practicing with that?" I say continuing to laugh, causing him even more confusion. "You're definitely getting old and senile, giving advice out like you're 60!" I finish saying, my laughter turning into a light chuckle.

His confused one turns into one of slight agitation. Suddenly, he puts his arm around my neck, forcing me into a headlock. "I'm not that old, you brat. Don't forget, I was the favourite child for 10 years before you came along, learn your place!" he exclaims while roughly ruffling up my hair, no hint of being serious.

I try to get out of his grip, greatly failing. "Oww...that hurts. Let go asshole, I have to get to school," I say, while slightly laughing out of pain.

"Fine, I'll let go, only 'cause I don't want my little sibling to be late for school," he says while letting go of my neck. "But," he starts, causing me to look back up at him. "You better apologize to Mom. She won't show it, but she was upset by your reaction to our plan. That's the reason she left for work early," he finished, guilt building up in my stomach with each word. I look down, looking at my empty bowl.

"Yeah... I'll apologize for being an asshole when she gets home from work today," I quietly say, secretly hoping he won't hear me. Unfortunately, he does. 

"You better or else I'll show you pain," he says while laughing, but I know he really will do something to me if I don't apologize. He's not the most built, but he could still take me down easily.

"Well, I better be heading if I'm going to walk," I say while standing and glancing over at the microwave, seeing that the numbers say 7:11. "Also, how long are staying?" I question, wondering how much longer I'll have to endure his presence.

"Why? Wanting to get rid of me so soon?" he sarcastically asks, making me roll my eyes. "I'll stay one more night, then go back to my own apartment tomorrow."