When You Wish Upon a Star

A/N: The video above is called SILLIE/ELMAX ON CRACK 4.1. There are also a 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, and 3.7. I watched all of them at 2 AM while eating chocolate. 😊 

I'm about to get onto my skateboard and head home when I feel a hand tap my shoulder. I turn around, startled. El looks at me, "Hi." 

I let out an exhale and pull her into a hug, "You almost gave me a heart attack." 

When I pull away El looks at me apologetically, "Sorry." 

I shake my head, "It's alright. I can't be mad at you. You're too cute." 

El blushes a little and looks down. "I wanted to ask you...I don't understand my homework, will you help me?," she stammers, flustered from my compliment. El glances up at me and bites her lip, anticipating my answer. 

I pick up my skateboard and tuck it under my arm, "What subject?" 

El beams, "English." 

El and I sit on a bench and talk about our movie date tonight while we wait for Hopper to come pick us up. When he gets to the high school we go over to his car. El walks up to the car window and motions for Hopper to roll it down. "Max is coming over to...study. Is that okay?" 

Hopper takes his cigarette out of his mouth and flicks it past El, "Yeah, that's cool kid." 

We climb into the back of the car, intertwining our hands just as Hopper pulls away from the curb.

When we arrive at the cabin El and I head straight to her room and close the door, shrugging off our backpacks and collapsing onto the bed. I pull El close to me, hoping to cuddle a little before she makes me help her with her homework. The second El understands that I'm trying to distract her from working she wiggles out of my arms. "Max. Let's start," she insists. I let out a sigh and dramatically roll off her bed, pretending to be dead when I hit the carpet. El leans over the side of the bed and shakes me, "MAX."

 I turn over and smirk, despite El's serious tone I can tell that she's amused, her face gives it away. I reach out my arms, "Help me up." 

El rolls her eyes and grabs my hands. Instead of getting up I give her a devilish smile and pull her off the bed so that she falls on top of me. Before El can react I flip her over so that I'm on top. 

El smiles and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me in for a kiss. At the last second  she moves and gives me a peck on the cheek before speaking, "Work time. Dinner before dessert."

Once I finish helping El understand her English assignment we go to the mall. Since it's Friday so Hopper doesn't mind us being out late. He even drives us to the bus stop so we don't have to walk.

When we get to the mall we go right to Scoops Ahoy. Steve should be working tonight so we can get free ice cream if El does her puppy eyes. El practically drags me there. Ever since she found out about waffle cones she's been an ice cream fanatic. We walk up to the counter and look around. No Steve in sight. El looks at Robin, "Is he in back?" 

Robin shakes her head, "He has a date." 

I chuckle, "Seriously, where is he?" 

Robin smiles, "That wasn't a joke, The dingus actually managed to get himself a date." 

El sighs "So we pay?" 

Robin considers for a moment and then speaks, "No, it's ok. What do you guys want?" 

I smile and look at El, "Split a sundae?" El smiles and nods. I turn back to robin, "One large vanilla and strawberry sundae with all the fixings please."