26

•Rescue Team•Word count 1617

•Rescue Team•
Word count 1617

"I'm not waiting around for people I don't even know to show up while Riven is in trouble." Adelina tells Sky sharply. "I'll just text them and tell them where we are.... you won't have to wait for them." Sky tells Adelina. Adelina nods as she continues to walk quickly through the woods. It was very dark out so she was using the flashlight on her phone to see everything in front of her. Random panicked thoughts ran through her mind as she constantly looked around the forest. She prayed that she would find him in an easy spot.... just passed out and drunk somewhere but her heart knew that wasn't the case. "Are you alright?" Sky asked her softly as he tried to keep up with her. "Of course I'm not alright.....the boy I love is missing." Adelina replies abruptly.

She stopped walking as she realized what she had just said. "If you tell him I said that... I'll cut off your dick." Adelina warns Sky as he laughs. "I won't tell him... but you definitely should." Sky tells her as he laughs. "You and me both know that Riven doesn't do the whole love thing." Adelina mutters in disappointment. "Yeah.... but I've seen the way he looks at you and the way he talks about you. I know he's in love with you." Sky tells her in a sincere voice. "Riven talks about me? What does he say?" Adelina replies in a mischievous tone. Sky shakes his head as he laughs loudly. The sound of a branch snapping caused the two to both instantly stop walking. They both got silent as their eyes scanned the woods. "So what will be killing today!" A familiar voice yelled causing Sky to sigh in relief. "You scared the hell out of us!" Sky yells at the voice. Stella and a bunch of other girls start walking towards Sky and Adelina.

"Who are these people? I only know Aisha and Terra." Adelina mutters as she studies the other girls. "This is Musa and Bloom." Stella introduces her to them. "We need to hurry up.... the longer we take the more time he has to get injured or worse." Adelina huffs as she quickly starts walking again. "She's a bundle of fun isn't she?" Musa mutter sarcastically as they all follow behind her. "Shes only freaked out because she's in love with Riven." Stella replies as she giggles. Adelina stops walking as she bites her lip to calm herself down. "A person is missing... will you shut the hell up and help me find him." Adelina tells them angrily. They all nodded their heads as they instantly stopped talking. "Sorry if you think I'm mean or hate me but I'm really worried about him and I know most of you don't even know him but we have to find him." Adelina tells them desperately. "We'll find him Adi..... we will." Sky reassures her.

The sound of someone screaming caused the entire group to turn their attention towards the noise. Adelinas heart felt like it could explode as she heard another scream. She recognized the scream as Rivens. "We should make a plan!" Sky yelled but Adelina had already started sprinting towards the noise. The wind beat against Adelinas face as she ran as fast as she possibly could. The rest of the group chased after her. The noise was coming from inside a cave deep in the woods. "Adi! Wait!" Stella yelled at his friend but Adelina had already sprinted inside. Adelina stopped running as she bent down into the cave. She shun her light around the mysterious place. She gagged at the disgusting smell the cave emitted. She wanted to throw up at the sight of weird slime covering the walls of the cave. She released a breath she was holding as she noticed a small opening in the cave. "Riven!" She yelled. Her voice echoed throughout the small space but was met by no response. The opening was covered in slime and Adelina had no desire to go through it. "Eww." She muttered as she pushed through the slime. She frantically wiped it off of her body as she walked into a small opening. She shun her light around the cave as a loud screeching noise rung in her ears. Adelina felt something slam her head into the ground. Her head was pounding as she pushed her body off of the ground.

She forced fire into her hands causing the cave to light up. She realized the thing that had hit her was in fact a burned one. It was acting strange. Burned ones normally attacked like animals but this one had kidnapped someone. It was staring at her as it waited for her to attack. Her eyes landed on Rivens body laying behind the monster. Blood was running down his arm and he was completely unconscious. Adelina screamed as fire erupted from her body and attacked the burned one. The burned one seemed unfazed as it walked closer and closer to her. "You should have waited for us!" A voice yelled. Adelina turned her attention to the group as they stood next to her. Blooms eyes lit up as she blasted the monster with more fire. Stella blinded the monster and Sky drove his sword into its chest. The burned one wasn't phased by the sword as it smacked Sky's body against the wall. Adelina felt something inside of her snap as she screamed. The burned ones body was engulfed in fire as it exploded. The moment it disintegrated everyone stopped using their powers except Adelina.

"It's over.... you can stop now." Terra told her sharply. Adelina couldn't focus as her mind was garbled by the thought of Riven dying. "She can't control it... Aisha! Stop her!" Musa yelled at the other girl. Aisha quickly diminished the flames with her powers. Adelina took a deep breath before stepping over the burned one and wrapping her arms around Riven. "Riven..." Adelina whispered as she shook his body. He didn't respond as she clung onto his chest. "We need to get him to my dad." Terra told Adelina desperately. Adelina nodded as she traced her finger down Rivens face. She hated seeing him like this. She felt a tear fall down her face and she quickly wiped it away. She grabbed Rivens hand and placed a soft kiss on in it. She checked his wrist and felt relieved that she felt a weak pulse. Blood was gushing down his arm from a huge cut. Adelina held onto his hand as Sky picked him up. "What kind of a burned one kidnaps someone?" Bloom muttered in disbelief as she stared at the monster. "I didn't even know they could think for themselves." Stella replies in disbelief. They all headed for the school as Adelina held onto Rivens hand as Sky carried him.

"Is he alive?" Adelina asked Musa softly. "I don't want to feel... him." Musa replies nervously as she walks a far distance from him. "I can feel him barely breathing." Sky tells Adelina softly. Adelina squeezed Rivens hand as she stared at his lifeless face. They brought him to Terras father who immediately started tending to his wounds and called the headmistress. She yelled at all of them for not telling her. "You're saying a burned one.... a burned one.... kidnapped him?" The headmistress asks them in disbelief. "They aren't even intelligent enough to do that... are they?" Silva asked in amazement. They all nodded as they looked over at Riven. Adelina refused to leave his side the entire time. She didn't let go of his hand as she sat beside his bed. "He should wake up soon.... he might have a concussion..... and I think you do to." Terras dad told Adelina softly. "I'm fine." Adelina muttered as she wiped blood off of her head. She felt dizzy but she didn't care. She only cared about Riven.

Everyone left her and Riven alone to go to bed. Adelina couldn't sleep. She just sat there waiting for Riven to wake up. She needed to know he was okay. She sighed as she impatiently tapped her foot on the ground. She looked away from Riven but then instantly looked back at him. "Only you could look hot while unconscious." Adelina muttered to herself. "You always think I'm hot." Riven replied in a raspy voice as a smile formed on his face. Adelina quickly climbed onto the bed as she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him in for a hug. "Oww.... easy... I almost died!" Riven yells sarcastically as he hugs her back. She was sitting on his lap as she pulled away from the hug. "I thought you were dead...... I didn't know if I was ever going to see you again and..... it was my fault you walked away and....." Adelina rambled as Riven watched her with wide eyes. He smiled as he ran a finger through her hair causing her to stop talking. He stared at her in amazement. "You're beautiful." Riven whispered breathlessly. Adelinas face got hot as she quickly looked away from him. "How's the arm?" Adelina asked him softly. "Good as new." Riven lied as he looked down at it. It was bandaged up and it was in a lot of pain. "That's a lie.... how is it?" Adelina asked him curiously. "Let's not talk about me.... let me just kiss you." Riven whispers softly as he places his hand on Adelinas cheek. His touch felt so soft on Adelinas cheek as her eyes locked with his.

_____________________________
This part kinda sucked.....next one will be better 😑