23

•The Flames•Word count 1782

•The Flames•
Word count 1782

"Ewww why are they making us train with the fairies." Riven complained as he nudged Adelinas shoulder. "You literally train with me everyday." Adelina replies sharply. "You don't count as a fairy." Riven tells her sarcastically. Before she had time to respond the headmistress interrupted her. "You all need to learn how to work together. Each specialist will be assigned a fairy." The headmistress announces to everyone. "You have got to be shitting me.... if I get paired with Terra I will drown myself in the pond." Riven huffed in disbelief. "Now I hope you get paired with her." Adelina teases him. The headmistress started breaking people off into groups. Adelina and Riven watched as Silva walked up to her. "Whatever you do... don't put those two together." He told her sharply as he pointed at Riven and Adelina. She nodded as she continued to divide people up into groups.

"Riven you go with...." The headmistress begins to tell him but Riven interrupts her. "Adelina!" Riven yells in a hopeful tone. "Uh no.... I was actually going to say Aisha." The headmistress tells him. "But I've been training with Adelina for the past two years..... she's a fairy and I'm a specialist.... it all works out." Riven tells her as he wraps his arm around Adelina. "Exactly.... you already know how to work with her... this exercise is supposed to help you work with new people... so you are with Aisha." The headmistress orders him as he points to a dark haired girl. Riven groaned dramatically as he let go of Adelina and walked over to the other girl. "I hope you know that I will not enjoy doing this." Riven warns the girl. "I'm Aisha... nice to meet you." She replied sharply. Riven ignored whatever she was saying to him as he looked over at Adelina.

"Can I be the specialist for this training exercise?" Adelina asked the headmistress softly. "You're a fairy Adelina.... not a specialist..... you will be paired up with Sky." The headmistress tells her as she gestures to the blonde boy. Adelina was relieved to be with someone she knew but she hated that she was going to have to use her powers. "We can start off at the simulator over there." Sky tells Adelina softly as he gestures to an area by the tree. She nodded as she walked next to him. "Will you quit staring at that girl?" Aisha asked Riven angrily. "Will you put me out of my misery and drown me?" Riven replied sarcastically. "Quit being a bitch and get up and help me practice my powers!" Aisha yells at him. Riven groans in disbelief as he stands up. "Fine." Riven huffs in agreement. He looked over at his best friend talking to Adelina. He knew Sky would never go for Adelina but Riven still felt a hint of jealously in his heart.

"Is something wrong?" Sky asked Adelina softly. "I'm all good." Adelina replied sharply. Sky gently grabbed her wrist causing her to stop. "Thats bullshit and we both know it.... come on Adi... I'm your friend..... just tell me what's wrong." Sky whispers softly. Adelinas eyes locked with his and she saw the worry in his eyes. She knew he cared about her but she didn't like talking about her problems. Her eyes stayed locked with Sky's as he waited for her to respond. She felt a stick smack against her back causing her to turn around. "Oops! I missed Aisha!" Riven yelled loudly as he put his hands up in surrender. Adelina flipped him off as she walked closer to the simulation. Her mind was now focused on Riven. She knew he was just messing with her but she couldn't get him off of her mind. "Are you sure you are okay?" Sky asked her softly. "I'm just worried about using my powers that's all." She tells Sky softly. Sky gently pulls her in for a hug.