Total teenage girl problems! Chapter 1

I stared at all these people in front of me.

"But, I- I swear! He isn't real! He can't be real!" I rushed breathlessly. They all continued to stare at me like I was an animal. This couldn't be happening! Not to me!

"Ellie," spoke one of my so called 'friends' ,"Are you alright? We've discussed this before. Are you in need of a hospital?"

Everything was happening in slow motion, just like in movies where they dodge the bullet really epically, although life in slow motion kind of sucks at the moment. I don't know what happened, but I fell to the ground and blacked out.

1 week earlier

'Zzzzzzzzzzt' I must have forgotten I put my phone on vibrate. I ran to the source of vibrations ad searched for my cellular device. 'ZZZZZZZZZT' It went off again, meaning I have a call. Not long after that second ring, I found my phone under every single couch cushion.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, is this ellie?" It almost sounded like a little girl was on the other line.

"Uh, yes.. May I ask who i'm speaking with?"

"Hold on." There was a brief silence until a familiar male voice took over the line. "Hey, uh, Ellie."

''Wow Ed, you have your little sister call me, for you?" I chuckled at him.

"Hey shut up! I was nervous this wasn't going to be your number!" I could tell he was embarrassed because of how he sounded.

"Was there something you wanted to ask me, Eddie boy?"

He breathed in and out a few times like he was going to ask something important, but then said, "you wanna, um, hAng out at the park today, maybe? I mean, you don't have to, but, uh, so yeah."

I had been waiting for him to ask me something else, but maybe he was working up the courage? I quickly replied with, "sure. Let me shower and ill be down there right after. Bye,Ed."

"Uh. Bye Ellie." He hung up and I decided to text my friend Alice.

I'm so mad though, I have been waiting for him to ask me to be his girlfriend! He's told me he really likes me, and I really like him, so why won't he just do it! Ugh, total teenage girl problems.

We've known each other since we were like, 13. I actually don't really remember much from when I was younger than 13. I just remember one thing, Alex. He was the best. I wish I had a friend like Alex, a REAL one. Not an imaginary one.