My World Will Have To Wait

SEAN

A year has passed since I met my other half. Sang was amazing and I never wanted to separate from her. That next day she was still at the hospital, her step mom was diagnosed with cancer. They've been getting her treatment there while her dad worked. Her and her sister went to school and time flew by.

I showed her everything and taught her japanese. She was like a sponge with photographic memory, we hung out at school, and the hospital where I taught her about medical stuff. We met with each other at the park in our neighborhood and... I fell in love.

Now, this was the day I had to return back to Charleston. Back to my team. My family. This was one thing I kept from her. The academy. And I felt guilty about it. I should have told her, but it was a secret. I wish she could join, I wish I could have just told my parents she needed some help.

She still lived through the torment for her step mother and sister. But I guess seeing me everyday made all that disappear. I finally asked her to be my girlfriend last month, I don't know why it took me so long and I regret not asking her sooner. We were both 16 and this past year was the best of my life.

I didn't want to leave her, I didn't want to leave my brothers either. I was torn between both and it killed me.  Got her a phone a week after we met. Her mother wouldn't buy her one, let alone pay for it. I told her to call or text me anytime, and I'll come back for her.

She didn't believe me but nodded anyway. "I'm never ever going to forget you Pookie. I promise."

"I promise too Sean." I hugged her tight under the jungle gym in the park. I kissed the top of her head and when she looked up at me. I kissed her soft lips, trying to seal the taste into my mind. Hot tears formed behind my eyes.

When she pulled back she gave me a sad smile. "I don't want to get you in trouble. Don't keep your parents waiting."

"God I'm going to miss you. Be safe okay? Remember, call if you need anything, I mean it. I don't care what time it is. You call okay!" I begged her. She said she would.

I gave her a ring that had our birth stones. I put it on her right ring finger. "When we met again, and when we're older. I'm putting this ring on your other hand." She blushed and I couldn't help but kiss her once more.

"I'll miss you Sean. Take care." She said, her voice cracking. I didn't like that sound. I promised her I would. We walked our on ways and every step I took was pure hell.

I landed back in Charleston, a car waiting for me on the curb. Owen comes out and is looking all formal in his perfect attire. I shook my head and smiled. He gave me his millimeter smile, one I think he only shows for me.

"Welcome back Mr. Green." I rolled my eyes. My doctor formalities will come soon enough, and that one will be more tolerable.

"O man! It's good to be back." I lied.

"The guys are waiting on you, and you get to meet some new members." Oh yeah, the Taylor brothers and a Mr. Korba. I nodded my head and playfully jump into his car.

"Sounds good. Now take me home, I'm tired. The flight felt way to fucking long." And it was, my thoughts were on Sang. My head filled with so many memories on the way, and I had to leave.