'Drugs.' Was Katherine's thought. There was no way a kid like Jacob Black who not even a year ago was some lanky 15 year old and now  is 16 and has the body of like a gym trainer.

"Age is just a number, baby. What are you like 40 now?" Katherine chuckled.

"Feels like that sometimes." She commented as they walked with him to the shed. The shed was barn like to Katherine in a way. An old car Katherine couldn't identify sat with card board covering the windshield from the inside. Jake popped out the old rusted kickstand and set the bike in the center. A tool bench on the side wall, there were random tools lying around.

"Sorry about the mess." Jake scratched the back of his head. "I'll clean out this shed before we start working on these bikes, let me run back and grab the other bike first." He left them alone in the shed for a moment.

"Are you sure about this?" Bella looked at her sister.

"You're the one who said distracting myself would help so I took up a new hobby." Bella shrugged.

"I know that I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"I'll be fine."

-

Three weeks passed since Bella's motorcycle interest which both girls kept from Charlie. Katherine on occasion would join Bella to 'help' with fixing the bikes and she learned Jacob wasn't so bad to be around though often enough Bella would go alone as Katherine worked or studied. She was distracted for a time since the sudden phone call from Rosalie in Port Angeles.

She had mixed feelings. Her heart hammered at the thought of hearing Rosalie's angelic voice again. Heat crept up her cheeks as her thoughts drifted else where before snapping out of it. She left her there in Forks alone. Disappeared at the drop of a dime. Her insecurities rose up in her chest.

Rosalie saw the worst inside of Katherine saw all of her quirks and vulnerabilities and in turn Rosalie showed Katherine her ugliness too and they bonded in their likeness and connection. Rosalie knew Katherine as much as Katherine knew Rosalie at least as much as she thought. Thinking back to all of the 'I love you's' and the 'you're beautiful's' Katherine couldn't help but think that maybe Rosalie was lying about some of it. Who was she an 18 year old human to a nearly 100 year old vampire after all?

Katherine clamped her eyes shut trying to suppress her tears. She hated the feeling of being stuck in your own head and that's exactly where she was at in that moment.

-

A week has passed filled with many sleepless nights as the nightmares seemed to pile on to each other only this time they were all silent terrors, she didn't cry out but they were there lingering. Dreams of being attacked by Dylan and then again by James who of Rosalie leaving and Katherine out alone in the woods searching for her calling out her name until her voice was drained out by the feeling of dread before dying.

She was smoking a cigarette flicking her ash outside the passenger window of Bella's truck. Jacob sat in between the two. Katherine and Jacob argued who would sit in the middle on their way to test drive the motorcycles. In the end Katherine won the argument when she pointed out that he was a child and she was technically an adult so to respect his elders and get in the god damn car. It worked and now to alleviate the stress that piled on during the week from lack of sleep she was smoking.

"You know those are bad for you?" Jake commented. Katherine rolled her eyes as she ashed once again before throwing the bud out the window. She left the window down to let the cigarette smell out.

"Wow thanks for the concern but its unnecessary." She said sarcastically.

"Are you okay?" Bella asked her sister looking at her confused. She rolled her eyes.