31 - Poor Unfortunate Soul

Flashback

It was a cold and foggy night as Captain Hook and the Jolly Roger crew were sailing through the waters of Neverland at night. Captain Hook walked up to the helm carrying a lantern as Smee was by the wheel eating cake.

"Mr Smee, we are to return to Neverland with a full hold... Not full bellies," Captain Hook said.

"Come on, Captain. Pan will never notice if a few cakes are missing," Mr Smee said.

"You can eat as many cakes as you want after I find a way to destroy the Dark One. Until then, we keep Pan happy," Captain Hook said.

"Of course," Mr Smee said.

Suddenly, the men on the ship began to look entranced as a woman's voice could be heard singing in the distance.

"Do you hear that?" Captain Hook asked.

"It's beautiful," Mr Smee said.

The sound of waves crashing came but the crew were too entranced by the Siren's song to notice anything. Suddenly, the singing stopped, the crew came back to their senses.

Captain Hook looked through hid telescope and saw that they were heading towards rocks, "Rocks dead ahead!" Captain Hook yelled.

Captain Hook raced back to the helm and forcefully tried the steer the ship away suddenly from the rocks and was successful.

Mr Smee stood beside him, "That voice, captain... What was it?" Mr Smee asked.

Captain Hook was breathing heavily, "The most dangerous creature in all the seas... A mermaid," Captain Hook said.

The Jolly Roger sailed away and in the distance, a young mermaid Ursula was sat on the rocks where the Jolly Roger was heading. She watched as Captain Hook sailed his ship back to safety.

Young Ursula looked down as her father, Poseidon appeared, "Why did you let that ship go?" Poseidon asked annoyed

"I'm sorry, father, but I couldn't," Ursula said.

"But I told you to. And I'm-," Poseidon began to say.

"Poseidon, King of the Sea. Yes, yes. I know, but still...I want to use my voice to make people happy, not to hurt them," Ursula said.