I feel my cheeks flushed and I cover my face up. Why am I thinking about stuff I shouldn't?

Ugh, I'm not myself these days.

*

After having several products sprayed, painted and rubbed on to my face and head, I'd slipped into the pink rose dress. I was standing in the mirror staring at my own reflection.

My skin looks even paler with this colour against it, but it does bring out the green in my eyes. My long dark hair was all brushed back into an elegant high bun. I looked over done, my makeup wasn't exaggerated, but I still wouldn't have chosen this look.

I slipped my feet into the high black heels the stylist had given me and smiled at how long my legs suddenly looked.

A black clutch I'd left in the living room was where I was meant to put my things in. Why can't I never take one of my big bags with me? It's not like I'd take a rucksack...

"We're leaving Miss Wyatt, remember the driver will be coming in half an hour," one of the girls told me when I walked out my room.

I nodded and followed her up to the front room, where the rest of her team was coming out from.

"Have a lovely night, Miss Wyatt," another girl said.

They all walked out the door and I sighed as soon as I saw the door shut behind them. They've been here for more than four hours.

I stepped into the room and grabbed my black clutch, when I looked straight ahead to find Zayn with his back facing me.

"Hey," I smile, putting my things in the bag.

He was wearing his black fitted suit, and I could see his hair was no longer ruffled around his head in that carefree way.

Zayn turned around and my jaw completely dropped when I got a full view of him. He looked immaculate. They'd pushed his hair up into a quiff, brushing the rest of it back. A few strands had slipped out of the quiff, dropping casually against his forehead.

His eyes were wide open and he looked very out of place, still I had never seen someone look so good. He doesn't know how good he looks.

"Why did they push our hair back?" he asks me with a frown, pointing up to his quiff.

I laugh and leave my clutch on the sofa, taking a few steps towards him.

"They just did, but they did a really good work with yours," I tell him reaching out to move one of the strands out of his eye.

"Your hair looks nice loose," he mumbles staring at my head.

I know he doesn't mean it in a bad way but I was hoping some good comment on how I looked...

"What time are we leaving?" he asks me, staring back at the window.

We're only a step apart and I can tell he really doesn't like this whole thing... Maybe he shouldn't come... But maybe it'll be good for him?

I'm so scared of going on my own, maybe everyone will think I'm as lonely as it looks... Or they'll know how big of a mess my family is.

I'm turning into my parents. I shouldn't care about what people think...

*

"Thanks for coming with me," I tell Zayn when we get out of the car.

I see him staring ahead, watching the people on the red carpet walking and stopping in front of cameras.

"Do we have to..." he tries to say, with a shaking finger pointing to the front.

"No, no, I'm not that important, let's go this way," I take Zayn's hand and follow the bodyguard in front of me, making sure I don't get lost.