Chapter 224

"INTERESTING," Noel Sherwood said to himself while watching Elis Ripperton leave the Nystrom estate in the form of a tornado. The ancient divine power that he felt a while ago also disappeared. That meant the Moon God and the White Snake also left the mansion. "My lord and the madam won the fight tonight."

He was also very happy to discover that Lady Nystrom was actually the Black Phoenix.

My family will be very proud of me because of this discovery.

There was a record of the appearance of the Black Phoenix in their family's extensive but hidden library. The first ever Sherwood to have become a Bookkeeper apparently witnessed the birth of the Black Phoenix in the Rosenberg clan. But he didn't have any evidence to prove his claim. And thus, it was brushed-off as a mere speculation.

But the Black Phoenix is real!

And it was none other than the Supreme Fire Mage herself.

"Interesting," he whispered to himself. "This is really interesting."

"Who are you?"

Noel Sherwood turned around to see the Keeper who just woke up. "Oh, you're up," he said cheerfully, then he bowed politely to him. "I'm Noel Sherwood, the current head of House Sherwood. I'm pleased to meet you, Keeper of the Supreme."

"Ah, the clan of nosy Bookkeepers," the Keeper with different-colored eyes said, then he turned to the unconscious witch beside him. "Did you treat Lady Luna's wounds?"

When he arrived at the Nystrom estate, he found the Keeper on the roof in a terrible condition. He wanted to help him but he knew that the Keepers would regenerate as long as the Supreme was still alive.

And so, he went to check on Winter Nystrom instead.

Unfortunately, his ancestor already took the children with him. The only one he found in the room was the unconscious, bleeding witch on the floor. He remembered that Luna was Lady Nystrom's closest aide. And so, he tended to her wounds.

Luckily, Luna only got a stomach wound but it didn't hit her vital organs. The scratches and bruises all over her body didn't seem life-threatening so he just left them. After he gave first-aid to the witch, the Keeper arrived to warn him not to touch her. And then, he collapsed.

So, in the end, he just put the Keeper beside Luna on the bed.

"I did," he answered the Keeper's question a while ago. "Miss Luna is fine. Maybe she just needs some rest."

The Keeper fell silent for a while as if he was trying to feel what was going on in the estate. "They are safe."

"They are," he agreed while nodding his head. "My ancestor and the Moon God left a while ago."

The Keeper ignored him, then he stood up. "Leave," he told him while giving him a cold glare. "You already witnessed a momentous night. Give them the privacy that they need."

"I want to see the Supreme," he insisted. "I mean, the Black Phoenix."

The Keeper turned to him and released the kind of bloodlust that made him feel like he experienced a quick death.

I'll die if I pursue what I want.

"Alright, I'm leaving," Noel Sherwood said with a smile, and he even raised his hands in surrenders. "Please give my regards to my masters."

The Keeper just turned his back on him. "Just leave before I kill you, Bookkeeper."

***

TILLY FELT a lot better now after being enveloped in Kiho's cold embrace for almost half an hour.